Trip Report Pics & Videos - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Trip Report Pics & Videos

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 11-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #106
Tinman641
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe late winter or early spring before too much melts and the rain comes. I've been to Colorado with the family more then a few times but never wheeling out there. My plans are still open, I can pretty much go around Ft. Collins, Denver, Springs, and as far west as maybe Frisco Lake.

Unread 11-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #107
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not much will be open late winter/early spring.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #108
Tinman641
2000 TJ Wrangler 

...ok, I didn't know they closed. Let me rephrase this;

At Any time of the year, what are some of the better trails for spending the weekend on. Either camping on one trail for the whole weekend, or spending 3 or 4 days driving a new trail every day?
Unread 11-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #109
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

They close because a lot of them have several feet of snow on them from November to June.

There are lots of trails near Denver, if I had to pick one area I'd say go to either the Buena
Vista area or Ouray. Lots of trails and great scenery.
Unread 11-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #110
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

This thread is for reports, take it over to a new thread Tinman
Unread 11-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #111
Tinman641
2000 TJ Wrangler 

sorry, I didn't realize that I was asking a question that involved more then a straight forward answer. I'll move
Unread 01-04-2009, 08:14 PM   #112
powerwagon67
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gordons Gulch,Surgar Loaf and Pennsylvania Gulch 1-4-09

Man we had a kick ars time to day! Woo Hoo! I dont think I have has that much fun on a trail in a long time. We all met at Dennys in Boulder. In attendance were Dan & Denise, Virgil, Chad, Zack with Jeff and Kennys as sidekicks and Maxamoose with his red YJ!

We aired down at the entrance of Gordons Gulch and headed in. The temp was 7 Deg. at the trail so it was brisk. A lot of the snow had melted since last weekend so Gordons was pretty dry. We stopped at poser rock on the way through for a couple of pics and ventured ahead. We did a few hill climbs and headed NW through Gordons and met up to the Sugarloaf Mtn. Road. We rolled down the valley and met up to Pennsylvania Gulch and finally found some snow.

We headed up Pennsylvania Gulch and ran in to small snow runs but boy they were deceiving! The snow had about a 3-4" crust on it and the snow underneath was like beach sand and was slick! (Felt like glass beads in a media cabinet!) Weirdest stuff I had ever seen. I busted the trail With Zillacon and had the lockers kicked in and had to work hard to get through but man it was fun. Next was Zack in his JK and he did a hell of a job for not being locked but the Nittos did there job pretty good and I only had to yank him once. Next was Virgil in his Silver Rubi. His Mud Terrains were wore a tad and wouldn't grab very well so Zack had to help him with a few tugs. Max was behind with his Yj and did pretty well for his first time wheelin in Colorado snow (Moved here from Florida) We had to air him down a tad more as his Tires would just not get any sidewall flex which help some but he to had to get help from Virgil from the front. Chad did pretty well for having his little pizza cutters but he to fell to the tow rope and winch but we all got up the hill and had a great time.

The Forum will only allow me to add 10 Pics so here is the link to my Forum with pics. ENJOY!
http://ghostridersonline.freeforums....4-09-t969.html

Quad Zilla TowRig 2001 F350 Powerstroke SuperCrew (AKA Clyde)

GhostRidersJeepClub.ORG
powerwagon67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #113
Secret_Squirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

not really a trip, but its the first time i got my jeep dirty! me and a couple friends went to a field north of where we live. the ground was really soggy and there were some pretty big mud holes. it was an absolute blast. never thought i could spend 2 hours in a field and not get bored!

I would install 24" wheels, chrome tube bumpers, blue fluorescent undercarriage lights, fuzzy dice, a chrome chain steering wheel, imitation leopard-skin seat covers, coffee-can ricer exhaust, and play rap music at full volume with twin 12" subwoofers cranked up to max thump power in my TJ before I'd install a 3" body lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Why is it that you
Must always type like a Haiku?
Butterflies
Secret_Squirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #114
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Be careful where you do that, it could have been someones property, try and keep it on designated trails.

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #115
Secret_Squirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

they were clearing it for land development and my friend knows the guy that owns it.
I would install 24" wheels, chrome tube bumpers, blue fluorescent undercarriage lights, fuzzy dice, a chrome chain steering wheel, imitation leopard-skin seat covers, coffee-can ricer exhaust, and play rap music at full volume with twin 12" subwoofers cranked up to max thump power in my TJ before I'd install a 3" body lift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Why is it that you
Must always type like a Haiku?
Butterflies
Secret_Squirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #116
the303hooligan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provinT13 View Post
Be careful where you do that, it could have been someones property, try and keep it on designated trails.

1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0 I6, D30 and D44,4.56 G2 Gears,belly,gas & steering skids, 35x12.5 Wrangler MTR Kevlars,4" ProComp Coils,1.25" JKS BL,1"Currie MML,Bilstein 5100's, Chromoly LCA's front and rear, JKS Disco's,K&N intake,PSC BFH front stinger bumper w/winch & d-rings,PSC Rear stinger/carrier w/d-ring,PSC Rocker Knockers,Dynomax Ultraflo welded ss, APN header,PIAA 520 ATP, Bestop top,alpine CDA-105 deck,Tuffy underseat Security box, JL Audio speakers in sound bar and dash, Corbeau front seats, matching Neoprene cover on bench,trimmed flares...and PLENTY more to come..
**Oil Field Trash Makin' Oil Field Ca$h**
the303hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #117
Jeep Kid
2008 JK Wrangler 

Colorado looks like such offroad heaven! Anybody hiring a mechanical engineer around there? lol
Jeep Kid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #118
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

No, Colorado is full.
Unread 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #119
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

We'll have to see your pass, then you'll have to fill out the questionnaire...I should warn you, it's lengthy
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #120
HANKiE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, give the Coloradoians a compliment and they shut you down...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.