Trip Report Pics & Videos - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Trip Report Pics & Videos

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJ

Unread 04-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #181
mrbill4203
2008 JK Wrangler 

4/7/2013 Went and ran China Wall with my New JK and some people from the Dodge Forum... Was a great day the trail had no snow on it at all here are some pics....
Visit here for more
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bjbrewer4203/
And here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87860598@N04/

Had to put this in there...he kept on grabbing logs that were twice his size...oh and he would grab big rocks and carry them down the trail too...

Another group came behind us and they were hauling a trailer and doing trash pick up on the trail!! Pack out what you pack in!!!

China Wall

mrbill4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #182
4G64
2005 WK 

Metberry Gulch. Sorry for the lack of trail pictures, but it was clear the whole way. I'll post some more later of the small beatings that the undercarrage of my WK took.
gopr0096.jpg   gopr0101.jpg   gopr0103.jpg   gopr0105.jpg   gopr0110.jpg  

4G64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #183
mrbill4203
2008 JK Wrangler 

^^^Nice Completely opposite of what i found....My brother and i went up to Pickle Gulch and Moon Gulch and Moffat Tunnel Road...They are all still snowed in pretty good with some drifts. We went up Moon Gulch Road and found some guys that tried to go up in a Honda Pilot and ended up sliding off the trail. They were pretty well stuck there with only a shovel and some tie down ratchet straps. Thankfully we came by. My brother made it by him with his Dodge and we hooked the front of the Honda to the his truck with a come along in between. Then i pulled up behind him in the JKU and hooked a chain between his rear and my front so that way he couldnt slide down the hill anymore. Then my brother gave his HEMI some lovin and after a couple of attempts we finally got him straightened out on the trail to where he could back down. Made for an interesting day and always good to help someone out that is stuck!!

Thank God for Aspen Trees!!

Moffat Tunnel Road is a County Maintained Road so it was all plowed

On the way out we found a little snow pile to flex out on!! She was fully flexed...I think its almost time to cut some fenders and to possibly cut the stock rock sliders back a little bit it was way to close for comfort...
mrbill4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #184
4G64
2005 WK 

^ that's badass. Always nice to help someone out. I pulled out a big old Bronco a few years back that did the exact same thing, except up on the side of Pikes Peak. Couldn't get past him, so that's when I learned how important a snatch block is. Good time regardless.
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #185
Coyn1324
1996 ZJ 

Moffat Tunnel is so cool! I've gotta head up there this summer. Love the history of it.
'96ZJ-4.0L, 3.5" IRO suspension lift, RC Quick Discos, 31x10.50R15, 292,xxx miles, Colorado Jeep Club Member #1996
Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #186
PLAN D

Metberry Gulch. Sorry for the lack of trail pictures, but it was clear the whole way. I'll post some more later of the small beatings that the undercarrage of my WK took.

It's been a while since i've been down in that area and was wondering if that is a designated shooting area? Because it looks like it's fenced off.
PLAN D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #187
4G64
2005 WK 

The fence goes all the way around the open area down there. I think it's there to prevent wheeling in areas that aren't designated.
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #188
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The Mountaineers along with several guest performed maintenance and pickup trash on Sevenmile Creek and Kelly Flats this past weekend. On Saturday (Sevenmile) we had over 40 volunteers and on Sunday (Kelly Flats) we had over 60. We did a lot of good work on both trails and removed a whole small dumpster full of trash.

We blocked some new user created routes, I know they are not very permanent but hopefully most of the people get the hint.

In the spring the creek wants to flow down the trail on Sevenmile.

With some rock stacking and shoveling dirt we are usually able to get most of it contained.

Lunch break

On Kelly Flats a big tree had fallen across the trail just a little ways in.

So we winched it down and rolled it off the trail

Blocking more user created routes.

There was some time to have fun too.

newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #189
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good work!
Is Kelly Flats open for the season now?
jeepster93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #190
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately no, still too wet on the areas above the Chutes.
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #191
JDJK
2012 JK Wrangler 

Headed for Silverton June 21st. First time to Colorado, any trail advice would be appreciated.
JDJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #192
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What ever is open.
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #193
Coyn1324
1996 ZJ 

Russell Gulch

I just had to get the Jeep off pavement so the wife and I and some friends along with their Bronco decided to hit a trail after work on Sunday. Did a little research and found Russell Gulch, a ghost town rich with mining history located just outside of Central City. Photo opps around every corner, remnants of old mines and miles and miles of spurs that add to the fun. Good fun close to town! The trails were nice and dry and no remnants of snow. Check it out on www.traildamage.com.

So sorry, I am unable to upload images at this time. Hopefully I can figure it out and post some pics in a bit.
'96ZJ-4.0L, 3.5" IRO suspension lift, RC Quick Discos, 31x10.50R15, 292,xxx miles, Colorado Jeep Club Member #1996
Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #194
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

We were just out in Ouray a couple days ago and tried Imogene and Yankee Boy Basin. Both trails were worth the trip for the views, but we were unable to complete either one of them due to snow pack

We still had fun getting as far as we could get...
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #195
texlurch
2002 WJ 

The grandkids are up to visit, so we went out and explored some of the forest trails. They are in the Hayman fire area. None super difficult, but you would drag in a stock jeep in some of the rocky areas. Very narrow as well and have some tree scratches on my truck to buff out.

First time out for the wife driving the Dub, and she did just fine. Only got the once or twice!

Unfortunately, our photographer failed to get any good pics of the tight, rocky sections. Maybe next time!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.