Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trip Report Pics & Videos

94K views 194 replies 67 participants last post by  texlurch 
#1 ·
I figured we ought to have one thread we could dedicate specifically to trip reports, pictures and videos. That way we could have an ultra cool thread to show people.

#3 ·
Bill Moore Sept 24.

Went Wheeling yesterday.....Had a blast!! Went to Bill Moore again.
Some snow at the beginning, and a little more in the middle, and got stuck toward the end never made it to the lake. Got puled out by an ATV four-wheeler:brickwall
But no picks of that escapade:banana: :banana: :banana: :bowdown:
No picks no proof!:rofl:
Gotta love being the only 1 with a camera.:thumbsup:
Then we went to Mill Creek Road, the dead end one. Theres a spot where it gets a little tight for the Jeep to go through.... Fpktes knows about this one when we went there the Th of Aug..
Any way my spotter got a little.. Um lax maybe. :brickwall
Are plastic tail light lens modules for a WJ expensive? :brickwall

And He WAS BEHIND ME !!! lol:rolleyes:

But we had A lot of fun, Expensive, but fun.

#4 ·
-

Sweet pics. I just got moved out here for my company and my XJ is about as modded as your Grand. If your ever in need of company for some exploration and trail running, let me know.

#5 ·
Pattonsky said:
Sweet pics. I just got moved out here for my company and my XJ is about as modded as your Grand. If your ever in need of company for some exploration and trail running, let me know.
If you want to run w/us to Mt. Antero, you are more then welcome. If Mt Antero is closed we're hitting Slaughterhouse. Check out the "Oct 7th Run" thread! :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Don, those are great pics!!!! The fog ones are awesome!!!!!!!! Cute kid too!!! Good thing she takes after her mother! ;-)>

#13 ·
Naturalhoosier said:
Don, those are great pics!!!! The fog ones are awesome!!!!!!!! Cute kid too!!! Good thing she takes after her mother! ;-)>
Notice the mud pit!?!?!?!?! Hmmmmm?!?!?!?!?

This trail was really well marked as far as where you could or could not go and the mud pit was open as far as I could see. There were a lot of camp areas on this trail and plenty of rocky obstacles (nothing that a stock rig couldn't nogotiate as there were easy lines and more difficult ones). It was a fun trail and not overly long (about 6-7 miles). On a clear day this looks like it would have some great views. Located between Lyons and Estes.

#14 ·
Eagle Rock video from this weekend!

http://colorado4x4.arlojeep.com/eaglerock.wmv

I am getting some vibes in the driveline after the trip. I think I might have come down too hard off of a rock:mad: ... only vibrates from like 20 to 30mph. Hmmm

#15 ·
dnrisden said:
Notice the mud pit!?!?!?!?! Hmmmmm?!?!?!?!?

This trail was really well marked as far as where you could or could not go and the mud pit was open as far as I could see. There were a lot of camp areas on this trail and plenty of rocky obstacles (nothing that a stock rig couldn't nogotiate as there were easy lines and more difficult ones). It was a fun trail and not overly long (about 6-7 miles). On a clear day this looks like it would have some great views. Located between Lyons and Estes.

Johnny Park is one of my favorites. Don't remember that mud pit though - looks like there was some pretty good wet stuff up there. Every time I've been up, it was bone dry in most places. The only places there was any mud at all, you didn't want to come anywhere near it..."Bog of eternal stench" comes to mind. You're right -- that trail has a little bit of something for a lot of different rigs.

Pierson park is near it as well. Instead of heading to Meeker Park, take a sharp right and head up the hill. You'll end up in Estes eventually, near hwy 7. Pierson has a ton of spur roads though. Easy to get lost, especially without a GPS.

#16 ·
REDLYNER said:
Eagle Rock video from this weekend!

http://colorado4x4.arlojeep.com/eaglerock.wmv

I am getting some vibes in the driveline after the trip. I think I might have come down too hard off of a rock:mad: ... only vibrates from like 20 to 30mph. Hmmm
I told ya didn't I?!?

That sucks though:brickwall...

You can always remove the drive shaft and keep it as a spare...then order one locally or from Tom Woods (which was freaking quick at shipping and top notch quality):thumbsup:

#17 ·
Switzerland Trail: November 4th

After loudly learning you have to be stopped to switch into low in front of a bunch of people :) I had a good time.

First offroad experience. switzerland trail is kinda boring but the spurs off the sides make for a fun time. Found some cool spots and went down my first "obstacle"

Here's a video:

#18 ·
acsguitar said:

After loudly learning you have to be stopped to switch into low in front of a bunch of people :) I had a good time.

First offroad experience. switzerland trail is kinda boring but the spurs off the sides make for a fun time. Found some cool spots and went down my first "obstacle"

Here's a video:

Good vid, kinda funny that he was afraid to go down a little hill.:laugh:

#19 ·
acsguitar said:

Here's a video:

Nice vid! The commentary had me cracking up! :thumbsup:

#20 ·
sailingnut said:
Good vid, kinda funny that he was afraid to go down a little hill.:laugh:
HEY!!! that was my first offroad experience and also my first new car. i was a little nervous..:laugh:

For stock I thought it was pretty good..

If you saw it from the top it would have been more impressive :p

Oh yea those rocks were quite pointy :)

#21 ·
Congrats on breaking your offroading virgin bubble:thumbsup: I know exactly which rock face you were going down, I have a video of doing it from a few weeks ago with snow on it...Try going up it next time;)

There are tons of spurs on the trail and some interesting mines to visit if you're into that kind of thing. Some of the spurts get pretty interesting in the winter with the snow:banana:

#22 ·
Moody Hill Trail

Well the family and I finally got out for trail this weekend. We ran Moody for the first time and went from it being a family day out to picking up a group of three rigs out on their first trail. Only found two obstacles that from what I had read on the trail were pretty washed out. Fun time and met some new people. Going to hit Crystal next weekend. Here are the pics:

Attachments

#25 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
Congrats on breaking your offroading virgin bubble:thumbsup: I know exactly which rock face you were going down, I have a video of doing it from a few weeks ago with snow on it...Try going up it next time;)

There are tons of spurs on the trail and some interesting mines to visit if you're into that kind of thing. Some of the spurts get pretty interesting in the winter with the snow:banana:
Yea me and my buddy tried about 5 times to get up this one spur but kept sliding back into a left hand side ditch. I decide to stop before I slide to hard and gave myself some body damage.

i was gonna try going up it but then I decided I need to get to work with the jeep ;)

#26 ·
dnrisden said:
Well the family and I finally got out for trail this weekend. We ran Moody for the first time and went from it being a family day out to picking up a group of three rigs out on their first trail. Only found two obstacles that from what I had read on the trail were pretty washed out. Fun time and met some new people. Going to hit Crystal next weekend. Here are the pics:
Did you check out the quarry?

I might run Moody/Crystal next weekend too, maybe see ya up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.