Trip Report: Carnage with 30 4x4's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Trip Report: Carnage with 30 4x4's

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 02-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Trip Report: Carnage with 30 4x4's

I was one of 30 rigs today.

The final count was about 30 rigs. Quite a site all lined up. They ranged from a brand new JK to some stock pos'es to buggies. One guy had a BRAND new Toy p/u (still had the paper plates), hit a tree, had a wrinkle from front to back
24 from Colo 4x4 and 6 that got sucked into the frey.
It was a very interesting time. We got off the trail by 5:00. Not bad considering.
If your going to run Carnage in the winter...one word...LOCKERS
Without them it was a long day. I tore off my rear fender flair screwing around in the squeeze(they are just held on with 4 screws and double sided tape). The waterfall was covered in about 2 feet of ice, slippery ice, I didn't see anyone clean it. Traction was tough today with all the ice and you're in a wet stream bed and it was muddy..aaahhh Carnage..
Other than the shooting gallery, it was VERY clean and maintained...cool. What can you say about the shooting gallery though...
I enjoyed myself today less two painfull waits, the trail was very icey and muddy. Iwent through my pics and found 3 very inocent(you can not be off road) pics to post on colo 4x4.. these are them.

jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
PullMeSideways
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looks like you had some fun. We should schedule a run for next month at carnage. Hopefully, some of the ice will be gone.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #11
Former Jeeps:
2002 TJ Sahara, 2007 JK Unlimited Sahara, 2004 WJ & 1986 CJ-7
PullMeSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

so where are all the JF safe pics

its cool seeing that many jeeps lined up on the trail
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I read the report on CO4x4. Looked like fun considering.

I didn't feel like waiting and I wasn't in the mood to hold up guys if I broke.

You can post as many pics as you like here. We all try to stay the trail and no one here has a microscope to see if a tire hit a blade of grass.

I'm all over a trail run asap! I'm in Atlanta next weekend, but will be itching to run after that.

Nice pics!
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
XJride231
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Can someone fill me in on why it isn't cool to post 4x4 pics ? And why are people bashing LHC. its the best wheeling in boulder county. Went up to the top on Saturday, many a TJ getting winched up the icy face coming out of carnage. Yes, it was a little icy. But most of the trail was dry dirt. Almost rolled Jed the XJ over the cliff! check it out...

This is Jed.

Heres where all needed to get winched up the icy face out of carnage...

Jed sliding off an incredibly unstable, loose dirt edge...

Build up some rocks....

Victorious!!

Finally pulled away from the cliff, and safely worked back down to LHC road.

Colorado JEEP club member #123
XJride231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJride231
Can someone fill me in on why it isn't cool to post 4x4 pics ? And why are people bashing LHC. its the best wheeling in boulder county. Went up to the top on Saturday, many a TJ getting winched up the icy face coming out of carnage. Yes, it was a little icy. But most of the trail was dry dirt. Almost rolled Jed the XJ over the cliff! check it out...

This is Jed.

Heres where all needed to get winched up the icy face out of carnage...

Jed sliding off an incredibly unstable, loose dirt edge...

Build up some rocks....

Victorious!!

Finally pulled away from the cliff, and safely worked back down to LHC road.

Pics no worky.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

They're working good for me. I hate that shelf road on Fireman's Hill where you were building up the rocks though! The last time I ran it, it was raining pretty good, making everything just really slick mud. Made it really un-nerving to drive it.

How long did the run last? I was there once with like 15-16 rigs, and it took forever. I can't imagine running twice that many!
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
XJride231
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Pics no worky? You just copied all of em in your post!

Well, on sat when I went there were only 10 rigs in the whole LHC. So We were alone up to the top. And it was crazy unnerving, the rock pushed the xJ right to the edge, every rotation of the wheel dug further out on the loose dirt. Daylight was fading as well. But all is good!

Colorado JEEP club member #123
XJride231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2007, 10:09 AM   #9
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJride231
Pics no worky? You just copied all of em in your post!

Well, on sat when I went there were only 10 rigs in the whole LHC. So We were alone up to the top. And it was crazy unnerving, the rock pushed the xJ right to the edge, every rotation of the wheel dug further out on the loose dirt. Daylight was fading as well. But all is good!
Hmm. maybe its the computer at work thats blocking them. I'll try at home later.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.