Trail advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Trail advice

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 07-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
KeelBrothers
2012 JK Wrangler 

Trail advice

Hey guys new to the forum. Bought a 12 JK earlier this year. The wife and I are headed to CO in about 4 days and looking forward to doing some trails.

I have done CO on a bike a few times and know lots of the paved roads but want to get off the beatin' path a little. Any suggestions for some roads or trails.

I have checked the Tomboy road from Ouray to Telluride.
Trailridge Road up to Rocky Mountain National Park.
Anything in Moab.

We have a stock set up so no looking for anything tough but want to see some great views.

Thanks in advance and maybe we can meet some new friends.

KeelBrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #2
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Welcome to the land of trails, trails, and more trails. Take a look at bushducks.com. That has updated trail and pass reports on some of the more popular places. Next thing, since you're only 4 days from coming, is once you get here, some of the gas stations, and barnes and noble book stores, sell some trial guides, with ratings on them, etc. http://www.funtreks.com/ is the site, they have one for the area north of I70, and one for south of I70. With that said, stick with the blue and green trails, no red ones with a stock setup, IMO. If you smoke, please respect the fire bans in place. They dont even want you smoking outside, as the entire state is a big brushpile waiting to go poof, so no throwing the butts outside,lol. There are some active fires going, so some areas may be closed. Other then that, come out and enjoy the sights!
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
borgesfamily
1981 CJ7 

I would also check out cork screw trail just past Ouray, took wife an kids up Last week end had lunch on trail very beautiful

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 07-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

Imogene pass is easy enough. Yankee Boy Basin is pretty up to the trail head for Mt Sneffels.
foggybottombob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ouray area, the trails are not too hard and the views are incredible. Black Bear into Telluride and then Imogene to Ouray is a great day trip.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
KeelBrothers
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys we leave tomorrow. We are really excited about doing some trails. No smoking in the freight train. Thoughts and prayers to the people in the fire areas. Maybe see some of you out there.
KeelBrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good info, my wife and I are going in a few weeks and were wondering the same thing, but for some trails a bit more challenging, any recommendations would be appreciated. We have a rubi with 33's and 4 inch lift. I was just over engineer pass on my bike with a friend, we saw a ton of jeeps up there, it didn't look too bad, just steep in a few places.
like2lean is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.