Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Thumbs up RSG Offroad...Thumbs WAY down High Country

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jeepster93 
#1 ·
I needed an alignment on my JK I had just purchased. So I called "High Country Performance Off-Road". After waiting 3 weeks for an appointment, I was told I had a bent axle housing and was quoted nearly $4,000 to fix it. In my talking with their employee, I was very unimpressed with his lack of willingness to discuss the issue/options for repair and apparent lack of knowledge when I started asking specific questions. He then flatly told me that was what I needed, and if I didn't do it, they would not even look into other issues I had asked about on the Jeep.

I immediately made an appointment with another shop for a second opinion. RSG Offroad got me in 2 days later and found the REAL alignment problem was 3 bad ball joints. They took me out to the rack and showed me the issue, we discussed the remedy, and the options.
What Performance quoted me $4,000 for was repairable for only $1200.

Additionally, the fender flairs were loose on the Jeep. I knew they needed to be re-attached and simply asked High Country to tell me how much it would cost to have them re-attach them.
When I picked up the Jeep, they said 'Yes, they're loose. Would cost $200 to fix'.....then charged me $31 just to tell me that. "Inspection fee" he called it. I call it fleecing.

In total, High Country charged me $160+, fixed nothing, and tried to shove an unnecessary and expensive repair down my throat. I have to wonder how many of the hundreds of axles they brag about replacing in their showroom display actually needed it.

Never again will I visit High Country. RSG blows them away in every category.

See less See more
#6 ·
Went to high Country to talk about my ARB locker not locking.
The counter guy quoted me $625 to fix a locker I paid $700 for 8 years ago.

Needless to say...No. Hell no.

I fixed it myself. It was an air supply issue, air not going through the bulkhead. $625 for a swamp cooler compression fitting...Don't think so. Home Depot charged me $3.65.

#7 ·
Yea, my shadow will never darken High Country's door again. They're rip-off artists pure and simple.

I went back to RSG to have my flairs properly attached. What High country quoted me $200 to fix (after charging me $31 to "inspect"), RSG fixed up for 85 bux, including replacing the missing attaching hardware the P.O. decided they didn't need.

I'm so happy with them, I have made another appointment to take the GF's Exploder into RSG next week for an A/C issue. They also do general mechanical, electrical/stereo/remote starts. RSG actually stands for "Remote Start Guys", which is what they started off specializing in years ago, before they expanded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.