Teach Me about Colorado! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Teach Me about Colorado!

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 10-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #31
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

Yeah I live 4 miles from Charlevoix haha
The lakes are awesome up here, and I love them come summertime, but the lack of sun really gets to me in the winter.
I have an old jetski I burn around on, but my friends have brand new sea doo rxp's we clocked it at 72 on the flat with me and a girl passenger :P So much fun!
My parents will stay here though, so I know I'll always be able to come back in the summer.

The grand canyon was beautiful! Northern AZ was really nice also. Some parts looked like the UP (which I love.) Moab was also really neat, from a Jeep standpoint.

Crawlerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #32
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post

Where from in Wisconsin? Former cheeseland resident here actually. As a Colorado Springs resident, we still have a town feel, though its turning into a bigger city. Fairly conservative as well, and gun friendly if that is a hobby. Cant say a lot about Ft Collins, though it would be smaller, and a college town. If a gun lover, the area may tend to lean towards Boulder/Denver politically. Some locals can provide more incite.
Cato / Whitelaw area is where I grew up. Off Highway 10 halfway between lake Winnebago and Michigan.

I've heard a couple people speak highly of the Colorado Springs area. Must be something in the water

Sent from my phone because I'm doing something "more important"

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #33
dukeryder
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My biggest piece of advice for someone just graduating college is to find your Job FIRST before moving. Try getting on as intern in your Junior or Senior year with a company that is located here. There's a lot of Tech Jobs in Colorado Springs, Denver and Boulder. Colo Springs and Denver have a lot of Defense contracting jobs and despite the current climate the industry is pretty stable. There's also plenty of Petroleum industry jobs as well.

Denver is a great place for young people (affordable rent for a big city, lots of fit single girls, good nightlife etc.) and it's also the most moderate politically of the large cities in this state. Boulder is very leftist and liberal; while Colorado Springs is very conservative and right wing (Ward Churchill was a prof at CU Boulder while Focus on the Family is based in the Springs). Ft. Collins is a great city as well, I'm not positive on what the job climate is like up there as I'm in Defense and am unaware of what job opportunities are up there other than brewing (FTC is probably the most awesome beer city in the USA). The only turn off for me when it comes to FTC is that it's a much longer drive to get to the ski resorts.

I wouldn't worry too much about coming here and spending weeks to see if it's a good fit or not. When I was in High School in the mid 90s, going to CU Boulder was like a dream but they didn't have what I wanted to Major in, but 10 years later I got my first chance to visit Denver on a work trip and I was hooked. It took me about 6 years after that trip to finally get a transfer to move here. I lived and traveled all over the U.S. with the exception of the PNW and the only place that comes close to Colorado in terms of weather and recreation is California, but that place is completely outrageous in terms of cost of living.

As other people have pointed out in this thread WY and MT are "better" places than Colorado because they have fewer lefties and more wide open spaces, less traffic. cheaper housing etc. But finding an entry level engineering job with room for advancement will be harder to come by in those places unless you're out on the plains working in an oil field. Being out on the plains sucks and that's not why you wanna move here.
dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #34
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

Awesome reply! Thank you!
Crawlerkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.