Teach Me about Colorado! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Teach Me about Colorado!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 09-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

Sounds cool. Being at college now, I'm sharing an apartment with a guy from the Dever area who's always telling awesome stories. Makes me want the mountains all that more!

Crawlerkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You ever been?

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
rambo3489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
Lostfedexman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I LOVE CO! I live in the springs. The only place I'd move to is somewhere else in CO. Unless I could live off the grid in Alaska or Maine or something along those lines, but I have a family to take care of so that's not happening. I love Colorado and won't be leaving this state. Though I wish some of the Texans and Californians would quit complaining about they hate it here and just move back to where they came from.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #4267
Lostfedexman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #19
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

I took a trip from Michigan, through CO, down through AZ and Utah and back up to Michigan. we drove through Denver and up to the divide, and around the backside of the range and south. AWESOME drive, and beautiful area.
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #20
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'll probably be living in there by this time next year. Too awesome to pass up. Beautiful landscape. Trails to jeep hike and bike all over the place. Excellent snowboarding in the summer. Not too hot or too cold. All around a win in my book.

Sent from my phone because I'm doing something "more important"

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-yj-build-adventures-thread-1356941/"][SIZE="3"][B]BUILDING THE YJ MY WAY[/B][/SIZE][/URL]
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
Crawlerkid
1983 CJ7 

Exactly man! I just gotta find a place to work out there (I'm a mechanical engineer) once I graduate
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #22
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yea. I'm going to kinda wing it. Not setting anything job wise up ahead of time. Good thing my top contending areas have relatively low unemployment rates for this day and age.

Unread 10-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #23
Justin04Lj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo3489 View Post
I'll probably be living in there by this time next year. Too awesome to pass up. Beautiful landscape. Trails to jeep hike and bike all over the place. Excellent snowboarding in the summer. Not too hot or too cold. All around a win in my book.

Where are you snowboarding in the summer?
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #24
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

... Good question. Stupid phone and auto correct.

Unread 10-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #25
Justin04Lj

I know was just kidding.
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
turbospartan
2012 WK 

OP - I'm originally from Michigan as well. Other than Lakes, CO has everything that MI has but bigger and better. City (Denver) is clean, not too big, very safe. Mountains are a short drive to the front range, or you can continue on and go into multiple different mountain ranges that all have their own uniqueness. Example is that the San Juans in the SW part of the state are way different than mountains over near Vail.

Tons of trails as already mentioned, snowboarding/skiing is 100x better than anything in MI including Boyne, Shanty Creek, Nubs Nob, etc. Nothing against those places, but even the "smaller" resorts here have 1500+ feet of vertical. Plus a lot more snow.

Denver itself is growing every day. I work downtown and it has already grown since I moved here 3 years ago (esp right by Union Station downtown).
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Denver metro area is too big for me. I'm thinking Ft. Collins or Colorado Springs. I'm a small town kid from Wisconsin. Been living in Albuquerque the last two years. Seems to be a good size. Maybe a lite big. Wouldn't want a family here tho.

Unread 10-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #28
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

0.02: As from Rockford IL (150K + surroundings) I'd re-choose Fort Collins vs. Colorado Springs.
JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #29
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo3489 View Post
Denver metro area is too big for me. I'm thinking Ft. Collins or Colorado Springs. I'm a small town kid from Wisconsin. Been living in Albuquerque the last two years. Seems to be a good size. Maybe a lite big. Wouldn't want a family here tho.

Where from in Wisconsin? Former cheeseland resident here actually. As a Colorado Springs resident, we still have a town feel, though its turning into a bigger city. Fairly conservative as well, and gun friendly if that is a hobby. Cant say a lot about Ft Collins, though it would be smaller, and a college town. If a gun lover, the area may tend to lean towards Boulder/Denver politically. Some locals can provide more incite.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #30
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerkid View Post
I took a trip from Michigan, through CO, down through AZ and Utah and back up to Michigan. we drove through Denver and up to the divide, and around the backside of the range and south. AWESOME drive, and beautiful area.
Nice. AZ and UT are also really pretty. Been through Phoenix, Sedona, Grand Canyon and Flagstaff.

I'm originally from Michigan, southeast side by Toledo, OH. I've driven from Toledo to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario...so through Flint, Mackinac, Charlevoix, etc. Been from Chicago to Cleveland and down through Columbus and Cincinnati.

Been in the Denver/Boulder area for 8 years now. I much prefer Colorado , but I really miss the water though...jet skiing especially. Coming from the Great Lakes area, Colorado just doesn't have anything to compare to a weekend on the lake in the summer. Although some people try boating on the reservoirs, it's just not worth it by our Great Lakes standards.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.