Is it spring yet? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Is it spring yet?

TJ BDS 2" suspension lift!! FINALLY a GREAT 2" lTERAFLEX 1.5" Leveling kit for JK!!NEW NEW NEW XRC M.O.D. Bumper by Smittybilt

Unread 01-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
EDM
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is it spring yet?

I just got my TJ back from getting a 2" OME lift, SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, adjustable control arms, JKS trackbars, 2 low kit and longer brake lines. Sure wish it was spring already so I could go see how it performs.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's still 6 months until "spring" as defined by the forest service. Most roads will be locked until June 15th. Maybe a trip to the GJ area or Moab is in order, but I hate to drive hours away for a shake down trip. That leaves Sevenmile as about the only option up north.
Unread 01-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #3
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah...
My Jeep is sitting there with a battery maintainer on it, not wheeling. It is not a daily driver.
Sad.

I have a radiator issue to deal with. The thing won't hold pressure, it is happening where the cap and rad touch. I need a new cap.(I think)
jeepster93 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
EDM
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm liking the Moab idea! We went there a couple years ago. There are a some places my Jeep drug the shovel that I would to try now with the lift.
Unread 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #5
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Plenty of trails open out here in central Co.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #6
EDM
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What region of Colorado are you located? I haven't got to try many trails in the middle yet.
Unread 01-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #7
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
What region of Colorado are you located? I haven't got to try many trails in the middle yet.
Dead smack in the middle.. Lake George
Unread 01-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #8
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lake George, big area. Willing to share forest road numbers or trail names by chance?
Unread 01-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #9
EDM
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^x2
Unread 01-21-2015, 09:02 AM   #10
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Pretty much all of them are open. One up the road from me is closed for a tree sale since last year.

None are super difficult altho snow adds to the challenge. Badger mountain is fun. Tight, rocky and ends up by micro towers overlooking South Park.
You can look at the MVUM and pretty much see them all around here. You want South Park East.

Named ones are the Gulches (Metberry, Longwater and Hackett), China Wall are right down the road.
Eagle Rock isn't far, Chinamans Gulch is about an hour from me.

It's snowing pretty good right now so who knows what it will be like after today.
Unread 01-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #11
EDM
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the update! My wife and I spent a week camping at Woodland park a year ago and did wheel the Gulches then. Nice area.
Unread 01-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #12
camodog
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any local jeepers want to head up one weekend to do some light trail riding this winter? I live in Denver and need to get out a little more.
PS- I would also like to plan a Moab, Telluride, Ouray trip this spring. Must be Dog friendly.
camodog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #13
scooter98tj
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodog View Post
Any local jeepers want to head up one weekend to do some light trail riding this winter? I live in Denver and need to get out a little more.
PS- I would also like to plan a Moab, Telluride, Ouray trip this spring. Must be Dog friendly.

Sounds like a great plan! Count me in...Cure the cabin fever a little

Scooter,
scooter98tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2015, 02:21 AM   #14
EDM
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodog
Any local jeepers want to head up one weekend to do some light trail riding this winter? I live in Denver and need to get out a little more. PS- I would also like to plan a Moab, Telluride, Ouray trip this spring. Must be Dog friendly.
Sounds like a plan to me!
Unread 01-23-2015, 11:18 AM   #15
camodog
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If someone picks a date and time and trail we can do I am in. My only request is that we keep it a small group, 3-5 rigs max, and someone else will need to be the one to put it together, I dont own a cell phone and I dont really know any trails that we can do in the winter.

I am available most weekends unless I am snowboarding.

Who wants to take the lead on this?
camodog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.