Shop in south Denver... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Shop in south Denver...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
Gritz

Shop in south Denver...

Blew a rear diff tonight...
Backing out of a space at the rink after my hockey game tonight and BANG!, not more move-e... fwd or backwd... Put in four and limped out of the lot to find this:

Now I need to find a good/reasonably priced shop here in south Denver to have some work done I guess. I had a light pop Tuesday coming home from work and was going to pull stuff apart tomorrow to check it out, but it beat me to the punch. I'll yank the cover tomorrow and pull the parts out so I don't tear up anything else. but I'm absolutely open to reccos for good places near Highlands Ranch.

MUCH thx in advance,

Gritz

UPDATE:
new pics...

Not a ton of pieces. I don't know how bad the back of the gears are chewed up, but from what i can feel, they're in pretty good shape. Anyone want to guess @ how much I should be looking at to fix her???

dual tops
Colorado Jeep Club Member #102

"It is believed dinosaurs are extinct due to a giant meteor. That's true if you want to call Chuck Norris a giant meteor."
Gritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #2
Giljorak
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You can try High Country Performance 4x4 they are open limited hours on Saturdays. They are near Hampden and Santa Fe.
I have purchased parts from HCP4x4 and the interaction was good. I have also taken a free class they offered on using recovery gear properly.

There is also Jeep Republic on Federal a block or two north of Hampden. They are open 7 days week.
I have only talked with Jeep Republic on the phone when I was looking for used parts. They were helpful and answered my questions. I purchased a bumper and spare tire mount from them.

Neither of these places have wrenched on my TJ but I have had pleasant experiences dealing with both.

Last edited by Giljorak; 03-09-2013 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: fixed link
Giljorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What gear ratio?
You may be better off to buy a d35 with the correct ratio and install the whole axle. Might be cheaper.
I agree High Country is in the south area but they ain't cheap.
jim
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
Gritz

It's a 3.73, so the axle swap might end up being an option...
dual tops

"It is believed dinosaurs are extinct due to a giant meteor. That's true if you want to call Chuck Norris a giant meteor."
Unread 03-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

There is a guy who advertises on Craigslist in the Parker area with very reasonable prices. Just go to auto parts and search Dana 44 or Ford 8.8 and he should come up. I dont have any personal experience with him. It seems to me that when I was looking into him he was a member either here or on Pirate and he had both good and bad reviews. Good luck.
cojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojab View Post
There is a guy who advertises on Craigslist in the Parker area with very reasonable prices. Just go to auto parts and search Dana 44 or Ford 8.8 and he should come up. I dont have any personal experience with him. It seems to me that when I was looking into him he was a member either here or on Pirate and he had both good and bad reviews. Good luck.
This guy is Josh at SFF customs. He put an E-Locker in my D44 and did good. He does have some bad reviews though.
He might actually have or know of a complete d35 because he builds and sells/installs built Ford 8.8's
https://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms
Jim
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
stogie25
1997 TJ Wrangler 

They are not in south Denver, but Brian does a great job, and is reasonable.

Hillside 4x4
850 E. 73rd Ave, Unit 4
Denver, CO 80229
303-227-4949
www.hillside4x4.com
97 Black TJ (one owner), BFG KM2 35s, 4.7L Stroker, ARB's, Dana60 rear, Dana30HP Front Warn manual hub conversion, 6 inch mostly Tera long arm lift. Rhino lined tub. Allied Rock 8 beadlocks. Tera-Low 4:1. Sanden OBA. Sniperfab tube fenders.

My Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m.../#post12717920
stogie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #8
Gritz

Thx all,
I'm half tempted to try and wrench on it myself, but I'm a little afraid. Hard job?
dual tops

Unread 03-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #9
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Im no expert but it looks like you just broke the housing. I would think there are quite a few running around or even a complete diff from people doing 8.8 swaps. If you swap the entire axle its a pretty strait forward afternoon job. To replace the carrier you need to be able to set up the gears. Not terribly hard. I just did this to a D30 but had help from a mechanic friend also. I would try to fix it myself first. Hell, its already broke!
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
cojab

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Actually I shouldnt have said housing. Its the carrier that is broke.
Unread 03-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #11
CherokeeChuck
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you're still looking, I used the above mentioned SFF Customs last month for a 8.8 swap and regear in my yj. Easy to work with and no complaints yet.
Unread 09-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #12
bwiygul
2000 WJ 

Deleted. Probably repost later but may get into trouble for it right now.
bwiygul is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.