SFF Customs? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > SFF Customs?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 03-16-2013, 02:04 AM   #16
CherokeeChuck
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Kinda bringing up an old thread here but I had Josh at SFF Customs do my 8.8 swap and regear last month, and so far no complaints from me. Like gspup mentioned above, really nice guy and easy to work with.

Unread 03-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #17
watsoc08
1997 TJ Wrangler 

He did my 8.8 swap and gearing change on my TJ and I have been very happy with the work Josh did. I also had them put on all new Rokmen control arms at the same time and his employee messed up and did them at different lengths. I called Josh and asked him to fix it himself. He had me come over on a Sunday to his house and we got it all fixed up and he was happy to make it right. Since his pricing is cheap, I believe you get what you pay for. You can go to a more reputable shop and pay 3x as much and possibly get better work, but I have been happy with the quality of the product I got for the price that I paid.
watsoc08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #18
RedY2KTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I was thinking of having him do an 8.8 Rear for me as well. So good to read this, seems like he will go the extra mile to make it right . Sounds like he does stand behind what he sells as well. I guess I may see later on this year.

Colorado Jeep Club Member 2000 (Y2K)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
RedY2KTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
Cthomp85
2000 TJ Wrangler 

He just swapped my rear out for an 8.8, took off driving home and holy crap it vibrates. Pulled the rear driveshaft and it smooths right out... Not sure if d/s or rear end
Cthomp85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
tanksoldier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthomp85 View Post
He just swapped my rear out for an 8.8, took off driving home and holy crap it vibrates. Pulled the rear driveshaft and it smooths right out... Not sure if d/s or rear end
You drove all the way from Missouri for a rear axle swap?

Army Jeep Club Bumper # C34
Colorado Jeep Club Member #1970

[QUOTE=Hussler;12728204]
Helen Keller on LSD could drive a submarine in space better than this kid could steer his own thread[/QUOTE]
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
Cthomp85
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm working out here in the refinery, was already out here, lol. The prices out here on Jeep stuff is sooooo much cheaper than MO!
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthomp85 View Post
I would say it was your installer. Good luck in getting him to stand behind his work.
2005 Unlimited Rubicon, Sahara Edition #556, Colorado Jeep Club Member #556
Rusty, if you are reading this, I am still waiting for my $249 refund from 06/2010. Pm me for my address to send the check. Thanks!
UnlimitedMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #23
dukeryder
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yj Great Experience

I had Josh do the 8.8 swap on YJ roughly a month ago. I drove at least 100miles home and experienced Zero drive line vibrations. The 8.8 had the tubes welded up and the welds look pretty good (not sure what some folks were whining about). I'd been seeing the ad on craigslist and read up on a few reviews before biting the bullet and driving down there for the swap and regear.

I've taken the Jeep on 2 wheeling trips since and after this past weekends trip I have full confidence that the work performed is as good as any other shop out there. I hit up some pretty tough obstacles (1 trail has a "High End of 7" rating per Traildamage.com) and everything is still in perfect working order.

The price he charged me to regear the front Dana 30 to 4.11 and install the Rear 8.8 w/4.10s was so good that I made the drive all the way down from Lyons.

It doesn't even compare to the @$$ raping that the "Extreme 4x4" shop in Longmont charges. I only paid to have axle work done on my WJ there once, and I had to have them redo the work! I had a CJ-5 that came with ~$4K in receipts from that shop and I had to re-do some of that work myself as well. So the competition that is charging a vastly higher price isn't even coming close to the quality of the work coming out of SFF.
dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #24
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedMatt View Post
I would say it was your installer. Good luck in getting him to stand behind his work.
It's odd that you seem to be the only person taking any issue with him, and yet you've not presented any evidence for your bs claims.

I'd suggest unwadding your panties.

OT - I drove from South Louisiana to Colorado as my company at the time covered the gas as I had a job site in Texas, (The excess covered the balance of the trip.) to have Josh do my 4.88 regear. That was 30,000 miles ago. I beat the piss out of my rear end on 35s. Not even the slightest issue with it thus far, and the gears look great. The Jeep has since drive across 60% of the US and through countless trail systems. If that's not a testament to a job well done, then I'm not sure what else is.
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
kennyboobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
Cthomp85
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mine has been pretty solid since doing the SYE that should already have been done. Josh did right by me, so I will just tell you that if YOU have issue with him, maybe YOU should talk to HIM and sort it out, Matt
Unread 05-29-2013, 07:30 AM   #26
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
It's odd that you seem to be the only person taking any issue with him, and yet you've not presented any evidence for your bs claims
I see reading comprehension is not one of your strong skills. See post #9 for my BS claims.

And yes, I did talk to Josh about ripping of my son.

I don't understand why people get so mad at others when they have differing opinions of someone.
Rusty, if you are reading this, I am still waiting for my $249 refund from 06/2010. Pm me for my address to send the check. Thanks!
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #27
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I see reading comprehension is not one of your strong skills. See post #9 for my BS claims.

I don't understand why people get so mad at others when they have differing opinions of someone.
Way to call the kettle black. Perhaps you were unaware, but I was referencing "post #9," as it is nothing more than a bunch of trash you're spewing about someone, with no actual evidence of said "problems." As someone that frequents NAXJA, JF, CO4x4, and Wrangler Forum, and who as a result of mutual interests, has worked with Josh in the past on multiple occasions, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's more to the story than you're willing to reveal.

Josh is a pretty easy guy to work with, but (and he'll be the first to admit this) he has 0 problem telling someone to jog on when necessary, and am willing to bet you were probably deserving of it judging by the continued attitude (evident in your lack of anything constructive to say) you've portrayed here.

If you want to lay out a negative review, prepare to have people ask why. If you can't provide any evidence to support your claims, then you should expect people to call bull****. Differing opinions have nothing to do with it. What you're doing is simply called "slander." I hope my inferior "comprehension" and apparent mental shortcomings find their way through your head.

Nothing personal, just good ole' real talk.

[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #28
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm sorry that I cannot make it clearer for you. Post #9 seems pretty straight forward, all 3 things I mentioned (transfer case, 8.25 broken bolts, sway bar weld breaking) are things I witnessed myself. I don't know what kind of 'evidence' would ever suffice you as you clearly have a deep relationship with him.

I wish you the best of luck in your continued patronage of a person who rips off fellow jeep enthusiasts.
Unread 05-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #29
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm sorry that I cannot make it clearer for you. Post #9 seems pretty straight forward, all 3 things I mentioned (transfer case, 8.25 broken bolts, sway bar weld breaking) are things I witnessed myself. I don't know what kind of 'evidence' would ever suffice you as you clearly have a deep relationship with him.

I wish you the best of luck in your continued patronage of a person who rips off fellow jeep enthusiasts.
If you consider you buying a used transfer case, your 16 year old son bashing on it t'ill it breaks, you in turn expecting a full refund for said transfer case as well as keeping said transfer case, then I suppose you're delusional enough to believe you've been ripped off.

If you tried the same thing with any vendor, the same results would apply. Though despite that, it's sort of funny how you accuse him of the one being shady. The only reason you have a problem with Josh is because you wanted something for nothing, and decided to bash him because he wouldn't play your bull**** games. So do us all a favor and trade your Jeep in for a Prius. Jeep "Enthusiasts" like you, make us all look like limp wristed pansies.

Unread 05-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #30
pariah24
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

It's not because you have a different opinion, it's that you don't just state your opinion and then stfu. Yeah, we get it. Bad experience. Continuing to talk smack just makes you look petty. Let people form their on opinons and stop shoving yours in their face by going on and on.

Personally, I'm about to drop $2500 on a regear, and dual ARB installs. Your first post made me stop and think. Your continued posting made me realize you have an agenda.
pariah24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.