SFF Customs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > SFF Customs?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
tanksoldier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

SFF Customs?

Did a quick search, didn't find anything.

Apparently these guys are in Denver. Anybody ever used them?

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3188899888.html

https://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms

Quote:
If you would like the axle installed I offer a package deal. For 4.56 or 4.88 with front regear to match $1200 out the door. That price is for XJ, MJ, and YJ. If have a TJ or ZJ $1500 for the same package.
If you want 4.10 gears $1000 for the XJ, MJ, and YJ. And $1300 for the TJ or ZJ

Army Jeep Club Bumper # C34
Colorado Jeep Club Member #1970

[QUOTE=Hussler;12728204]
Helen Keller on LSD could drive a submarine in space better than this kid could steer his own thread[/QUOTE]
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

He's a local on NAXJA - http://naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95
Sounds like you got some better answers in your Wrangler forum thread though.
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
steeleman3
1993 ZJ 

Been thinkin about that for the zj, I keep seein em on craigslist.
Unread 09-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #4
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

He gets mixed reviews - mostly good.
I had him install an Eaton E-Locker in my D44 last summer. He did a real good job at a very good price. That's my experience.
He is on this forum.
Jim
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've had him do a regear for my TJ. Nice guy and got it done the same day. He is super busy but it's worth the money you save if you can wait a week or two for an opening.
Unread 09-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
steeleman3
1993 ZJ 

Yeah been tryin to decide if I should do the 8.8 swap myself or have him do it. Whats the jeepforum discount? Lol
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would avoid using Josh at all costs. Sure he is cheap but his lack of ethics is awful. Another issue is that he will not stand behind his work, so if something goes wrong, you are on your own. I do not think he has had any welding training either, so what ever you do, make sure he doesn't weld on your Jeep.

His reputation is well known over on NAXJA.
2005 Unlimited Rubicon, Sahara Edition #556, Colorado Jeep Club Member #556
Rusty, if you are reading this, I am still waiting for my $249 refund from 06/2010. Pm me for my address to send the check. Thanks!
UnlimitedMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
tanksoldier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedMatt View Post
His reputation is well known over on NAXJA.
As I posted in the other thread:

Reviews on NAXJA:

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1049660

If you have a link to something specific please post it but everything I've seen written so far is positive.

[QUOTE=Hussler;12728204]
Helen Keller on LSD could drive a submarine in space better than this kid could steer his own thread[/QUOTE]
Unread 09-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yes I have dealt with Josh. I personally got screwed over by him in a deal where he sold a junk transfer case to my 16 year old son. I have also spoke to others that also dealt with him and were not happy with the outcome. I personally watched Josh break off 2 ring bolts in a 8.25 carrier because he didn't know which way to turn them to remove them. I have seen his welding on a friends sway bar mount that broke off while he was driving, I've pulled out better looking burgers from my nose. I heard from one of Josh's employees about some of his unsavory business practices.

The NAXJA link is over a year old. One of the guys who posted in that thread was working for Josh when he posted in that thread. Josh also has not posted over there since 09/2011.

I think he has burnt most of his bridges so now he must resort to Craigslist to find people to rip off.

Do what you'd like, but be sure to post up when his work doesn't live up to your expectations so I can say 'I told you so'.
Rusty, if you are reading this, I am still waiting for my $249 refund from 06/2010. Pm me for my address to send the check. Thanks!
Unread 09-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
tanksoldier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The NAXJA link is over a year old. One of the guys who posted in that thread was working for Josh when he posted in that thread. Josh also has not posted over there since 09/2011.
So post something more recent.

I haven't been able to find anything.

You've presented no evidence of all the other people who supposedly have issues.

Right now it just sounds like you have a personal issue with the guy.

[QUOTE=Hussler;12728204]
Unread 09-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
Right now it just sounds like you have a personal issue with the guy.
Yeah, you caught me.

Sounds like you already have your mind made up and nothing I say will change it. Good luck with your new axle.
Unread 01-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
EDM
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Tanksoldier...I was curiousif you had SFF Custom do any work for you and if so how satisfied you have been?
EDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #13
taborjoshjlt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know what kind of problem you had with him, he welded the 8.8 and it works just fine, noticed the axle had too much play in it so he drove up to Westminster and he replaced all the bearings and made every thing right, he also came by at 8:00 pm to help me install a control arm that didn't want to budge. So hes good in my book!
taborjoshjlt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #14
EDM
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taborjoshjlt View Post
I don't know what kind of problem you had with him, he welded the 8.8 and it works just fine, noticed the axle had too much play in it so he drove up to Westminster and he replaced all the bearings and made every thing right, he also came by at 8:00 pm to help me install a control arm that didn't want to budge. So hes good in my book!
Thanks for the feedback. There's an old saying; "Make someone happy and they'll tell 5 people, make them unhappy and they'll tell 500." It makes me feel better about using SFF Customs after seeing so many satisfied reports here.
EDM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #15
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ya he did great with my gears. Super nice dude.

I'd use him again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.