Runners??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Runners???

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
lonewolf210
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post

I am one of the rare folks...I actually run in Nike shoes. 80-90% of all nike running shoes never see a run. Mine do.(I like the lunar line of shoes, the Lunar Elite and Lunar Fly).
haha that's because for the most part nike shoes are absolute junk but it sounds like you know that. They do have a decent model or two but like you said most people can't stand them.

OP as others have said I can not emphasize enough the importance of having shoes that properly support your foot. My friend used to have the same problem and after months of trying to convince him he finally went to a store and the problem went away.

Running shoes are only good for a couple 100 miles and should be replaced after that.

Unread 03-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #17
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I like Nike shoes. They are MUCH cheaper than say Brooks. I can pick up a pair of Nike lunar fly's from Nike dot com for $40. They will not last as long mile wise as the Brooks will, but Brooks are a hun$ or more.
Although...right now Brooks are on super sale at Running Warehouse( http://www.runningwarehouse.com/ ) and I have a 15% off code anything except Mizuno(which does NOT discount their shoes..). I just picked up a pair of Brooks Defiance for $38.38 free shipping from RW. Last years model, but I just don't tell my feet they are not in current style, they don't seem to care...
Let me know if anyone wants the 15% off code(I won't post the code, it is a club discount)

Nike also makes the best athletic clothing too.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Participated in my first "official" 5K today. It was put on by my old High School's alumni association for our town's community weekend. Had a great time, finished in 25:29.99. I think I'll be doing some more of these, it was a blast.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #19
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Nice job Eric
Unread 06-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

25:30 is outstanding.

The funnest(is funnest a word) race I've done is the Bolder/Boulder. there are belly dancers, 25 bands, some are good too, marshmallow corner, dorito bandits, beer stops, and the best finish in all of road racing, running into the football stadium filled with people. It is a 10K. It was last weekend. 51,000 runners. Prize money draws the pros.

Oh yeah...I ran a 55:58 on a very hard course.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #21
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
25:30 is outstanding.

The funnest(is funnest a word) race I've done is the Bolder/Boulder. there are belly dancers, 25 bands, some are good too, marshmallow corner, dorito bandits, beer stops, and the best finish in all of road racing, running into the football stadium filled with people. It is a 10K. It was last weekend. 51,000 runners. Prize money draws the pros.

Oh yeah...I ran a 55:58 on a very hard course.
Unfortunately the Bolder Boulder snuck up on me, because I actually really wanted to do it but I didn't realize when it was until it was basically less than a week away and I couldn't get the time off work. I wish I would have been there. Nice work on that, was it one of those challenge courses like the tough mudder? I was thinking about trying out one of those, one that really looks fun is called Run for your Life. It's a Zombie themed 5k through obstacles. Looks like a freaking blast.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.