Rock Garden, Battlement is CLosed.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Rock Garden, Battlement is CLosed....

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #1
elks96
1985 CJ7 

Rock Garden, Battlement is CLosed....

Hey all,

I live on Battlement Mesa and many of you know the Battlement Mesa trail that goes up to the lakes. Well on the first section of the trail there is an area called the Rock Garden. Boulder Section that has some seasonal water run it. It is pretty rough and usually only well built vehicles can run it.

Well I ran up to to a little spring testing and the section is closed!!! They had equipment on the top of the trail last summer and as a result the trail is wider now, some section reworked to smooth etc. They must have closed it when the equipment came out last fall. There are boulders lined up across the top and bottom access. The go around is still open. I only went that far, who knows what all they did up top, what they blocked off etc. but it was apparent they fixed the trail up last summer.

I am not sure why and phone calls to local forest service office have gotten no where. The thing that pisses me of the most is the whole mountain has been tore up by oil and gas, roads, pads etc., but we can't have a 150 yard section of wheeling???

1985 CJ 7 258 bored/Cammed, MotorCraft Carb, Mallory Ignition, NP435/Dana 300, 4.5 RE Ex, 1.25 JKS Body Lift, Detriot AMC 20 Rear(detroit locker and Warn Hub Conversion), Herculined Tub, Chevy Heater Blower, 34" Swampers, Custom Rear Bumper, more to come....

1972 K5 8" lift, 36" swampers, lockers, custom paint.
elks96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.