Rent a Jeep in Denver? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Rent a Jeep in Denver?

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 03-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Jerry-rigged

Rent a Jeep in Denver?

My wife and I will be flying to Denver mid-april. I was wanting to rent a Jeep to do an extended test drive. however, it seems most of the big rental guys don't rent Jeeps, at lease, not in the Houston area...

Anyone in Denver know of a place that will rent us a JK? Prefer an Unlimited. does the back seat in the 2-door fold down? if so, we could get an 2-door.

Thanks for any help-
Jerry

Do two guys that don't know what they are talking about know more or less than one guy that doesen't know what he is talking about?
Jerry-rigged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
dadag

Not sure

Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure I've see Wranglers at Hertz at the airport. Now, you might find something cheaper intown.
Unread 03-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

I tried for weeks to find a place in Denver that rented Jeeps before I bought mine and I had no luck. You might have to get further out of town before you find one. Here is a directory that might help you: http://www.coloradodirectory.com/Fun/jeep.html
Good luck! Have fun.
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry-rigged View Post
Prefer an Unlimited. does the back seat in the 2-door fold down? if so, we could get an 2-door.

Thanks for any help-
Jerry
yes it folds. Flips a handle on the back of the seat and it folds down and then the whole seat goes up behind the back of the driver/passenger seat
Unread 03-21-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
donkie

Hertz does have them at the denver airport, I rented one about three weeks ago for my ski trip. I had reserved a full size but when I got there my name was not on the gold club board. I chose the Jeep when they gave me the option just for old times sake...might be tough to get as they don't really reserve vehicles just vehicle type but it is worth a shot.
donkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
JeepTransformer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

i see jeep rentals al over from denver... look around

brraaap
JeepTransformer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
BosJeepmonkey

So did you find one? I have the same problem? Have called Dollar, Thrifty, Hertz and others but can't find Jeep in Denver! Might be stuck taking a hummer to Moab which means I will be mooned by all the environmentalists in the state!
BosJeepmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #8
Iconoman
2009 JK Wrangler 

If you are looking to go offroading here as part of your test drive, you should know that all the high trails are snowed in still and will be probably until mid-June. It has been very dry here down low until a few days ago, but most jeep trails are in the mountains and not yet open. The Forest Service has its schedule, which is not always reality-based, and so most of the trails are closed even though you could run them if there wasn't a gate in the way. If you are interested in checking out some low trails, look at traildamage.org for trails at low elevations. They have a nice interactive map that could help.

As was said three thousand years ago, so it still must be said--the ways of the Jeep are true and righteous altogether.
Iconoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have also rented a Jeep from Hertz at the Denver airport. Jeeps are in the Hertz Fun Collection, and you can select a Jeep or Hummer H2 or H3.

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #10
paTJinTX
1998 TJ Wrangler 

They have companies that are strictly Jeep rentals only... I'd have to look for the magazine I got in Colorado about 'em... but I know they have them.
paTJinTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Check with Hertz in Denver airport.
Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed
Thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #12
Jerry-rigged

I've have a few PM's asking if I rented a JK and from where, so I'll copy my anwser here-

I did not find anywhere to rent a JK. Several places rented "jeeps", but the guy at the national # would say "we cannot guarantee any specific model in stock" and then I would talk to the local desk guy and they would say "we have jeeps, but I have never seen a wrangler come thru, just Grands and compass/patriots" The closest place I found that rented Wranglers was 2 hours away, and only had older TJ's. They would not deliever to Denver. Sorry, but I don't have their website anymore...

Good luck, and enjoy the trip. We loved it, and my wife wanted to move up there, after spending 3 days there...

Do two guys that don't know what they are talking about know more or less than one guy that doesen't know what he is talking about?
Jerry-rigged is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
07MustangGT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Enterprise has them too at the airport, but it is really hit and miss. You can reserve a normal car and then when you get there if you spot one you can upgrade to the Wrangler. Well, at least here in San Diego there is a ton of Wranglers... Good luck!

2001 TJ Sport, Patriot Blue, AC, Cruise, 6 cylinder, 5-speed, Herculiner, Rubi wheels/tires, brush guard, DANA 44......GONE but not forgotten

2002 TJ 4cyl, Yellow, 5-speed... Gone but not forgotten
07MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #14
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

when we went a few years ago it was late Spet. and we couldnt find any jeep rental, found 1 hummer but we laughed and passed on that
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thread digging! Any more ideas on this in the last four years? Any idea what it costs? We want to take some friends camping with us but they don't have a Jeep to join us with during our daily exploration. I called Hertz but I got a computer.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.