JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Colorado Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/)
-   -   Rent a Jeep in Denver? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f345/rent-jeep-denver-535772/)

Jerry-rigged 03-21-2008 08:41 AM

Rent a Jeep in Denver?

My wife and I will be flying to Denver mid-april. I was wanting to rent a Jeep to do an extended test drive. however, it seems most of the big rental guys don't rent Jeeps, at lease, not in the Houston area...

Anyone in Denver know of a place that will rent us a JK? Prefer an Unlimited. does the back seat in the 2-door fold down? if so, we could get an 2-door.

Thanks for any help-
Jerry

dadag 03-21-2008 09:02 AM

Not sure

Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure I've see Wranglers at Hertz at the airport. Now, you might find something cheaper intown.

jeep-newbie 03-21-2008 10:19 AM

I tried for weeks to find a place in Denver that rented Jeeps before I bought mine and I had no luck. You might have to get further out of town before you find one. Here is a directory that might help you: http://www.coloradodirectory.com/Fun/jeep.html
Good luck! Have fun.:thumbsup::wave:

BigJerm 03-21-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry-rigged (Post 4979916)
Prefer an Unlimited. does the back seat in the 2-door fold down? if so, we could get an 2-door.

Thanks for any help-
Jerry

yes it folds. Flips a handle on the back of the seat and it folds down and then the whole seat goes up behind the back of the driver/passenger seat

donkie 03-21-2008 04:40 PM

Hertz does have them at the denver airport, I rented one about three weeks ago for my ski trip. I had reserved a full size but when I got there my name was not on the gold club board. I chose the Jeep when they gave me the option just for old times sake...might be tough to get as they don't really reserve vehicles just vehicle type but it is worth a shot.

JeepTransformer 03-21-2008 04:47 PM

i see jeep rentals al over from denver... look around

BosJeepmonkey 03-29-2009 09:02 PM

So did you find one? I have the same problem? Have called Dollar, Thrifty, Hertz and others but can't find Jeep in Denver! Might be stuck taking a hummer to Moab which means I will be mooned by all the environmentalists in the state!

Iconoman 03-30-2009 01:17 PM

If you are looking to go offroading here as part of your test drive, you should know that all the high trails are snowed in still and will be probably until mid-June. It has been very dry here down low until a few days ago, but most jeep trails are in the mountains and not yet open. The Forest Service has its schedule, which is not always reality-based, and so most of the trails are closed even though you could run them if there wasn't a gate in the way. If you are interested in checking out some low trails, look at traildamage.org for trails at low elevations. They have a nice interactive map that could help.

Rudinater 03-30-2009 05:07 PM

I have also rented a Jeep from Hertz at the Denver airport. Jeeps are in the Hertz Fun Collection, and you can select a Jeep or Hummer H2 or H3.

paTJinTX 03-30-2009 05:12 PM

They have companies that are strictly Jeep rentals only... I'd have to look for the magazine I got in Colorado about 'em... but I know they have them.

Thunderstrike 03-30-2009 05:48 PM

Check with Hertz in Denver airport.

Jerry-rigged 04-01-2009 09:12 AM

I've have a few PM's asking if I rented a JK and from where, so I'll copy my anwser here-

I did not find anywhere to rent a JK. Several places rented "jeeps", but the guy at the national # would say "we cannot guarantee any specific model in stock" and then I would talk to the local desk guy and they would say "we have jeeps, but I have never seen a wrangler come thru, just Grands and compass/patriots" The closest place I found that rented Wranglers was 2 hours away, and only had older TJ's. They would not deliever to Denver. Sorry, but I don't have their website anymore...

Good luck, and enjoy the trip. We loved it, and my wife wanted to move up there, after spending 3 days there...

07MustangGT 04-01-2009 11:32 AM

Enterprise has them too at the airport, but it is really hit and miss. You can reserve a normal car and then when you get there if you spot one you can upgrade to the Wrangler. Well, at least here in San Diego there is a ton of Wranglers... Good luck!

2005X 04-01-2009 11:35 AM

when we went a few years ago it was late Spet. and we couldnt find any jeep rental, found 1 hummer but we laughed and passed on that

Charles 05-02-2013 08:28 AM

Thread digging! Any more ideas on this in the last four years? Any idea what it costs? We want to take some friends camping with us but they don't have a Jeep to join us with during our daily exploration. I called Hertz but I got a computer. :brickwall

The time now is 08:32 AM.