Rampart range road - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Rampart range road

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.com

Unread 08-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
caiha

Rampart range road

Does anyone know if this road us open. I'm close to the South end. I can't find any reports

caiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
3Dog

You might want to check out the Rampart Range motorcycle group Facebook page, but I have seen / heard nothing to indicate the road is closed.

2000 WJ Limited 4.7L
(IRO 3" Lift, Bilstein 5100s, 3/4" KOR front spring spacers, IRO adj. track bar, stock Silverblade rims in matte black powdercoat, 245/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs, Akebono caliper upgrade, OE cracks on armrest...)
3Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
caiha

Last time I went the South end was closed at Garden if the Gids
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

It's open. When was the last time you tried? It's seasonally closed to vehicle traffic during the winter, although there's lots of motorcycle/ATV use all year.
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
caiha

I went today and still closed here at the south end in Colorado Springs. I am told between the Springs and Woodland park it is closed.
Unread 08-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Interesting. Hadn't heard that, but I don't get down into Teller and El Paso counties. Come up 67 to Rainbow Falls, or 105 to Dakan or Jackson Creek Roads. :shrug:
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
caiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucca-man
Interesting. Hadn't heard that, but I don't get down into Teller and El Paso counties. Come up 67 to Rainbow Falls, or 105 to Dakan or Jackson Creek Roads. :shrug:
Thx
Unread 08-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Still closed due to Waldo fire and recent rain/mud slides

I went up over La Salle pass which is an easy trail, and the side track up to the top of Badger Mountain last Sunday.
Badger trail is fairly interesting, lots of rocks which will probably scrape on a stock vehicle. Great views up there tho.

Had to check it off my list of mountain passes since it is so close.

There are literally hundreds of miles of forest trails in that area.. most pretty mild but a few can end up narrow and rocky so it's a fun just to explore. They are lots of fun once the snow builds.

Not too far from the Springs and right outside my doorstep.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.