Question for Colorado jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Question for Colorado jeepers

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
4xjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Question for Colorado jeepers

Hey all, im planning a trip to Telluride/Ouray this fall and im trying to figure if I should start Imogene Pass in Ouray or Telluride? Any advice? Also, how long is the pass approximately in hours? Thanks!

Unread 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

You can do it either way-I like to take Black Bear road to Telluride (Black Bear is 1-way) and Imogene pass back to the Ouray side. Throw in a side trip up Yankee Boy basin & figure a full day.
colojeepguy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
4xjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, thanks for the info.
Unread 07-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

You can also take Ophir pass back over to the 550 or The Last Dollar Road around to Ridgeway.

I'll be out there in 2 weeks and when I go over Imogene and Black Bear (2 separate days I will probably go back over Ophir. We'll see.
Unread 07-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
4xjeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good thanks!
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
inmountains

Colojeep guy, you made me laugh. Yesterday, we took Black Bear to have lunch in Telluride, then took Imogene over to the Yankee Boy Basin, then dinner in Ouray. We left home (near Durango) at 7 AM and got back at 11 PM.
That is a FULL DAY.
inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've driven the route from Ouray to Imogene then to return on Ophir pass. As far as time, I passed through Ouray at 8 am and was in Telluride by Noon-ish for lunch.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.