Q's for anyone who knows diffs.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Q's for anyone who knows diffs....

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 08-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
zigsrig

Q's for anyone who knows diffs....

Hey gang,

AFter replacing both of my front hubs on my WJ i am still gettin some wierd noises... Only when i am on the gas, i am getting a noise that sounds like my front drive shaft is rubbing on something.

I have tried different speeds, at different RPM's, up and down hill and the noise is the same, and only when i am on the gas. If i am coasting there isnt a noise.

ANy thoughs on this. I havn't taken the diff cover off yet, i think thats my next step.

Does anyone know a good place to get the diff fluids i need for this? (99 WJ with Quadra-drive)

thanks for the help

Zig

Unread 08-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

1) I hear that if the front diff whines when accelerating it is the pinion bearings. (and if the rear whines upon deceleration, it is the pinion). The wheel bearings normally don't have an acceleration/deceleration sound associated with them.
2) Pick up the diff fluid anywhere (Napa) buy you'll need to get the friction modifier from the dealership. Check out www.wjjeeps.com for the specifics on which gear oil you need.
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
zigsrig

Thanks,

thats what i was looking for... the passenger side wheel hub was so loud that i could not hear the pinion bearing until i fixed it, not all i can hear is the faint pinion bearing...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.