Pikes Peak area Trails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Pikes Peak area Trails?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 02-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Pikes Peak area Trails?

We spent a week in the Ouray area last summer and loved the trails! Thinking of staying around Colo Springs /P Peak this year, are there similar trails over there? Anything like Blackbear or Imogene? I have a medium duty rubicon with 33's, Thanks.

like2lean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2lean View Post
We spent a week in the Ouray area last summer and loved the trails! Thinking of staying around Colo Springs /P Peak this year, are there similar trails over there? Anything like Blackbear or Imogene? I have a medium duty rubicon with 33's, Thanks.
There's a reason I go 300 miles each way every summer to go Jeeping in the San Juan Mtns. There's some fun trails around here, but nothing like that.
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Justin04Lj

Nothing even close to black bear.
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Black bear pretty much scared the crap out of me. Soo fun, but with all the other trails out there, I thought I might save 4 hours and stay on the east side of Co. Coming from OKC it's about 13 hrs vs 9. How about just west around Salina? Nothing as tall as the San Juans, but look like some good wrinkles on the trail damage map.
Unread 02-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2lean View Post
Black bear pretty much scared the crap out of me. Soo fun, but with all the other trails out there, I thought I might save 4 hours and stay on the east side of Co. Coming from OKC it's about 13 hrs vs 9. How about just west around Salina? Nothing as tall as the San Juans, but look like some good wrinkles on the trail damage map.
There's some excellent trails in the Salida/Buena Vista area
Unread 02-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
JimWilliamson
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Red Cone (and area)??
JimWilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilliamson View Post
Red Cone (and area)??
That's another good possibility. Red cone, Webster Pass, Radical hill, etc.
These are pretty close to Breckenridge.

Both the Salida area trails and the Breckenridge area trails offer some great 4 wheeling and great scenery. Both areas are a 2 hours-ish drive from Colorado Springs. Both those towns have lots of places to eat and stay, they might be a good alternative to staying in C.S.
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
like2lean
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nice, thanks, I'll start looking in that area too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.