PFC Seth Stanton Memorial Run, 8-18-07 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > PFC Seth Stanton Memorial Run, 8-18-07

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-10-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
FrankZ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

PFC Seth Stanton Memorial Run, 8-18-07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On August 18th, 2007 a Memorial Run and Trail Clean up will take place on the China Wall Trail near Tarryall in honor of PFC Seth Stanton. PFC Stanton died as a result of injuries sustained by an IED while serving in Baghdad, Iraq. PFC Stanton was a fellow wheeler and a member of NAXJA. Members of PFC Stantonís family will be in attendance as will his XJ which is currently being made street safe and trail ready by members of the Colorado Chapter of NAXJA, many of whom are members here as well.

Iíd like to invite all of you to attend this memorial run. A day on the trail doing what PFC Stanton loved is a fitting tribute to this young man that made the ultimate sacrifice. I will post a date time and location for a meeting point as we get closer to knowing how many of us will be attending.

I should also point out that Val has been instrumental in coordinating this run with COHVCO and the ongoing effort to place a permanent marker on the Independence Trails System commemorating all of our fallen brothers and sisters. It is hoped that the plaque will be placed at the junction of the Patriot and Independence trails.

For further details please click on the following link.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthrea...#post243599108

Please post up if you are going to attend. This will aide in determining the number of rigs and the best possible staging area to accommodate everyone.

Donít forget to mount your Flag for this one folks!!

Unread 08-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
FrankZ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

No one? Wow.
Unread 08-14-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

I'll be out of comission until Sunday
Unread 08-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

I'm headed to Alaska on Saturday morning.
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 10:43 AM   #5
dnrisden
Rise of the Silver Slinky

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ
No one? Wow.
Would love to but I have National Guard Duty.
dnrisden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
FrankZ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

For those of you in the Colorado Springs area.
We will be meeting at the KFC on the corner of W. Colorado and 31st at 7:30 AM and departing no later than 8:00AM.

Here's the address for those of you that are not familiar with the area.

3101 W. Colorado Avenue

This location will be easy for the Stanton Family to get to since Anna lives very close to there.

For those of you in the Wooldland park area.
We should pass through town at approximately 8:20-8:30. I would suggest staging at the Safeway on Hwy 24. We'll be on Channel 16 and let you know as we approach that location.

For those of you in the Denver area.
You are welcome to join us in Colorado Springs or you may wish to take HWY 285 south to meet us at the tail head. Hopefully Yellaheep (Troy) will post today and establish a meeting location and time.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.