Offroading in Colorado? Please read... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Offroading in Colorado? Please read...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
porphyry
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Offroading in Colorado? Please read...

If you live in or visit Colorado, please be aware that we are under a Stage 2 fire restriction for the entire Western Slope (Utah state line to the Continental Divide). This impacts virtually every outdoor activity in the state, including off-roading. Please see my website for the latest stage 2 restrictions for Eagle County, which go for most of the local jurisdictions here on Colorado's Western Slope. Thanks for taking the time to read, and please don't do anything that puts our homes in danger. We're in a very extreme drought.

http://www.ozzypost.com/eagle-county...-restrictions/

My website: http://www.ozzypost.com

Last edited by FPKites; 06-24-2012 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Fixed URL
porphyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Englewood, today, banned all outdoor fires. Including BBQ's. Littleton did that last week. Rocky Mountain Park banned cig smoking except in cars.

DON"T light anything on fire. It is so dry it will just go poof. The mountains and all that beetle kill...unimaginable!
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
porphyry
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
Englewood, today, banned all outdoor fires. Including BBQ's. Littleton did that last week. Rocky Mountain Park banned cig smoking except in cars.

DON"T light anything on fire. It is so dry it will just go poof. The mountains and all that beetle kill...unimaginable!
I believe that outdoor smoking is banned on the entire western slope, if not the whole state. We have so much beetle kill, but we're in nowhere near as bad a shape as Summit County. Let's just all remember to be extra careful. We had a small forest fire just down the road, but a vigilant citizen called it in immediately and it was extinguished quickly...thank God. Everyone please keep an eye out...

My website: http://www.ozzypost.com
porphyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

That link isn't working...

Yes I'll be there in a month and I've been following the fires. I was there four years, and two years ago and the beetle kill was unbelievable! I grew up in FC and I've never witnessed the mountains looking like they did on either time. Very sad.

My brother also just sent me pictures from his house in Colorado Springs as there is a fire near Garden of the Gods.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #5
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

And now we have a nice big fire burning on the outskirts of Colorado Springs. Really, do I need to stop leaving town on the weekends? This is the second wildfire we've encountered, the second weekend in a row. Be careful folks and keep an eye out for fires
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
Brightwhite
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was in Estes park yesterday when the fire broke out. We drove over just as the first house was up in flames. Stayed there for about an hour and watched it go from 1 home to at least 8-10 homes. It was really sad watching the people that lived within feet of it to try and evacuate. This whole state right now is a match stick, I hope some rain comes through soon.
Brightwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is all really sad to see and hear about. I think I'll stick to the pavement until we get some rain. I would hate to be the cause of a fire just as much as I would hate being caught IN one. Be extra careful everyone.
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Link fixed - be careful out there folks.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #9
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by porphyry View Post
If you live in or visit Colorado, please be aware that we are under a Stage 2 fire restriction for the entire Western Slope

http://www.ozzypost.com/eagle-county...-restrictions/
Great info thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
That link isn't working...

Yes I'll be there in a month and I've been following the fires. I was there four years, and two years ago and the beetle kill was unbelievable! I grew up in FC and I've never witnessed the mountains looking like they did on either time. Very sad.

My brother also just sent me pictures from his house in Colorado Springs as there is a fire near Garden of the Gods.
PM me when your out here, I'd be happy to hit the trails with you.
Unread 06-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #10
jeepers29
1998 TJ Wrangler 

We are thinking of ya down here in Texas, as we went thru this last summer. Be safe and remember that the smallest thing like a trailer chain dragging can spark a fire. We will be hoping for rain for ya.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

I watched the one in boulder today start, lightning and dry conditions are a bad mix. 12 fires burning right now, winter better make up for this!
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Anyone get evac'd yesterday in the wake of the waldo inferno? We're east of the interstate, so at this time we haven't been placed on the evac list, but had a mind boggling view of the carnage. My old apartments went up in flames last night, could see it on the live video on the news.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #13
Justin04Lj

Not evacuated here. Constitution and academy and Getting ashes.
Justin04Lj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.