New Jersey to Colorado move.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > New Jersey to Colorado move....

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
DrownedTJ

thanks for the reply's.....
i am playing $3K+ in property taxed on a 1000 SQ ft condo here by the jersey shore which i think it just nuts.
and i dont even have a driveway or a garage!! just a parking lot.....and a 4x15 mulch bed to maintain..

a few ?? came to mind since the orignal post....
1. whats the average property tax on townhouses/condos if i were to buy? or monthly payment if i were to rent?
2.vehicle registration fees?
3. strict motor vehicle inspection/laws (lift/tires/tint...ect)?
4. if i find a job making my current $40k in "jersey dollars" would that be enough "Colorado dollars" to get by out there?

some of my basic needs would be.....
1- 1 or 2bed condo/townhouse type thing in a lifted jeep friendly area. close to some jeep clubs/trails
2- driveway/garage-- i have a TJ and a F150 that would be coming with me, driveway would be nice, garage ever nicer. basically somewhat safe parking for both of them...
3- 15-20 min drive to shops like food, clothes, hardware stores ect....maybe like 40/45 min to most industry/job areas...
4- single dude friendly....

cant afford a mc mansion in the mountains.... but at the same time dot wanna be hanging out with crackheads either..... just some "normal" run of the mill areas to look further into...

DrownedTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #17
lucky-13
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
your leaving us?

Enjoy...
The amazing wheeling..
The lack of pines..
The lack of mud..

Wtf are you thinking?
There's no shortage of pines in CO - other than aspens, pines (w/fir, spruce & and a few cedar) are about the only trees that will grow in the mountains which comprise 2/3 of the state. Trees with leaves (instead of needles) are in short supply around here!

You can find mud if you know where and when to look for it in the mountains between Spring thaw and Summer heat - teenagers and Easterners (damnyankees) generally use it to tear up the trails and get them closed

If you'll take the Tread Lightly pledge, we might let you move here...despite newracer's comments, I'm sure there are plenty of empty condos in his town!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #513
05 LJ Rubicon Sahara #787 : 6" Skyjacker Longarm Lift
07 WK Overland : It's all about the Hemi : XK/WK Owners Club Member #13
lucky-13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #18
firegod33
1977 CJ5 

I got your back. I was born in Mahwah, NJ, grew up in upstate NY, moved to CO when I was 25. No place else I'd rather call home. For work, check out indeed.com. Parts of the Denver metro are ok to live in. Personally, I love the western slope.
Decide what you want and work at it to make it happen.
CO cost of living can be high but it's better than the eastern seaboard.
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #19
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrownedTJ View Post
thanks for the reply's.....
i am playing $3K+ in property taxed on a 1000 SQ ft condo here by the jersey shore which i think it just nuts.
and i dont even have a driveway or a garage!! just a parking lot.....and a 4x15 mulch bed to maintain..

a few ?? came to mind since the orignal post....
1. whats the average property tax on townhouses/condos if i were to buy? or monthly payment if i were to rent?
2.vehicle registration fees?
3. strict motor vehicle inspection/laws (lift/tires/tint...ect)?
4. if i find a job making my current $40k in "jersey dollars" would that be enough "Colorado dollars" to get by out there?

some of my basic needs would be.....
1- 1 or 2bed condo/townhouse type thing in a lifted jeep friendly area. close to some jeep clubs/trails
2- driveway/garage-- i have a TJ and a F150 that would be coming with me, driveway would be nice, garage ever nicer. basically somewhat safe parking for both of them...
3- 15-20 min drive to shops like food, clothes, hardware stores ect....maybe like 40/45 min to most industry/job areas...
4- single dude friendly....

cant afford a mc mansion in the mountains.... but at the same time dot wanna be hanging out with crackheads either..... just some "normal" run of the mill areas to look further into...
1) $1500 for $250,000 condo. Rent depends on the city...
2) New Jeep runs around $500 for the first year. My '04 is around $185 now.
3) No real vehicle inspections like the East coast has. Every 2 years is emissions where you need less than a 34" tall tire to fit on the rollers. There are tint laws, and denver city (proper) has fender laws.
4) Sure, as long as you live in the right area and are responsible with your money.
Unread 08-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #20
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Denver proper fender laws are rarely, if ever enforced. I should technically have flares, but I've never been popped when driving to work.

OP: Inspections here are nowhere near what Jersey does. Tilt Table isn't even in their vocabulary. Just smog.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #21
DrownedTJ

nice, i just had to pay $200 for my two year inspection sticker. i am just "over" the limit for the yearly tilt test they have here in jersey. (RE3.5,1BL and 35's) thats a plus i would not have to worry about that.

now if i were to tint the drive and passenger front windows in the f 150 would that be "against the law" out there like it is here?

in doing some searching home/townhome prices seam super cheap compared to jersey the things going for a house listed for$190k out there would just about be $320k here. and the highest property tax i have seen on that same style house is $1500/year, out here in jersey it would be more like $8500/year!

can anyone post areas of that state where local jeep clubs meet? that may help me in decided which area to pick..... more jeepers = more better!
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #22
firegod33
1977 CJ5 

As far a Jeep clubs or people go, pick a spot. They're everywhere. I think there are at least 4 clubs on the west slope and several on the front range. Then there's Traildamage.com, an online club (good peeps btw) and colorado4x4.org
Unread 08-02-2011, 08:54 AM   #23
DrownedTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegod33 View Post
As far a Jeep clubs or people go, pick a spot. They're everywhere. I think there are at least 4 clubs on the west slope and several on the front range. Then there's Traildamage.com, an online club (good peeps btw) and colorado4x4.org

nice... the water jobs that i was looking at applying for were located in lakewood co. so right now i am thinking about that area more or less.....

also still debating if i should try to land a job out there first.... or just pack up shop and go out there once my place sells and with what ever money i have in my pocket, do what needs to be done to make it work....
Unread 08-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #24
firegod33
1977 CJ5 

Personally, I would job hunt first. Moving without tackling employment first is a risky proposition, these days.
Unread 08-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #25
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlee View Post
Northern Colorado is a great place to live, we have a few pending water projects on the list to be built, just waiting for the red tape to be cut, lots of opportunities.

A bit of advice, don't tell to many people your from the east coast,
x2. Some engineers came to my physics class last year and one talked all about a ton of water projects starting up because
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #26
98slatespeed
1998 ZJ 

My cousin just moved to boulder and is looking for a reliable 4x4 shop in the area, any suggestions?
98slatespeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #27
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

John's 4x4 is overpriced and has an attitude, but they are good at bolting on stuff.
Unread 09-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #28
98slatespeed
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
John's 4x4 is overpriced and has an attitude, but they are good at bolting on stuff.
Good to know, much appriciated
98slatespeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #29
mountainjock
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Theres always room here as long as you are not from texass or california
mountainjock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.