New Colorado Group, Just Trail Runs, nothing Else - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > New Colorado Group, Just Trail Runs, nothing Else

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 10-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

Lightbulb New Colorado Group, Just Trail Runs, nothing Else

I would like to invite all of the Colorado jeep forum members to join a new group I am starting at cotrailruns.com

The idea is a group or club, that has no meetings, politics, fees, bs. The only purpose is to get out on the trail with others, plain and simple.

I am not doing this to make money, I was part of a similar club when I lived in a different state and it worked very well so I am trying to use the same philosophy here.

You can post a trail run on the site, or even just a link to runs posted else where such as here or other forums. The site can work on its own or to consolidate trail runs.

First ten people to join and lead a run will get a decal of the site logo.

Every one is welcome.

www.cotrailruns.com

This is not something I am doing to replace this forum or draw people from it, just trying to get word out to people in Colorado, specifically for actually getting out on the trail.

skates04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Pretty neat though I would throw a suggestion on some of the trails including a few hams. CBs are great for close up stuff, but if you're out back in the wilderness, there is no cell coverage, and if the group gets spread out, CBs wont reach. Just a suggestion, and some groups and clubs do that.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Pretty neat though I would throw a suggestion on some of the trails including a few hams. CBs are great for close up stuff, but if you're out back in the wilderness, there is no cell coverage, and if the group gets spread out, CBs wont reach. Just a suggestion, and some groups and clubs do that.
You shouldn't be getting spread out if you abide by the "keep the person behind you in your rear view mirror" rule

IMHO CB's are great 99% of the time. The rest can be made up for in emergencies with cell phones or EPIRB's and Spot like devices.

Otherwise it isn't an emergency and someone else can drive out if there is a broken down vehicle.

A Ham Radio would be great if solo wheeling though
Unread 10-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
You shouldn't be getting spread out if you abide by the "keep the person behind you in your rear view mirror" rule

IMHO CB's are great 99% of the time. The rest can be made up for in emergencies with cell phones or EPIRB's and Spot like devices.

Otherwise it isn't an emergency and someone else can drive out if there is a broken down vehicle.

A Ham Radio would be great if solo wheeling though
Spot devices would be great, as long it was a true life or death emergency. There are other situations that wouldn't fall into that realm where you may need assistance though. Some trails are only one way in and out, and if a vehicle is broke down, or there is a rock slide you won't be getting back out so easily. I wouldn't rely on the rearview mirror rule myself, it is too dependent on everyone doing what they are supposed to do, and if one man doesn't, the tail gunner may not be able to reach the front door even with a CB, breaker 19 good buddy,lol. CB is too restricted and limited to be the sole source to me. A good trail group at the least has a front and back door with 2m capability. Plenty of respectable groups require it or encourage it now, and as we all know cell service is just not there in many places I can reach with a KJ even. I ran with a cb for two years in a big truck, so I know too well what a CB can and can not do, and that was with a 6' stick, not the dinky 3' sticks everyone runs. I guess if one wants to run the special ed band still these days they can, but I've had both, and I won't put one of them on my jeep.
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have a train air horn under the hood. One way communication, but everyone within miles knows I am there.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

I agree a HAM radio is a extremely useful. Right now I am trying to just keep things as simple as possible to see if I can actually get a good group to come together by not having a ton of restrictions. Eventually I will more than likely make CB radios required. Of course nothing is set in stone. I will add a Ham Radio to the recommended equipment list.
Unread 10-31-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

The website has been upgraded, no more yahoo groups there is an actual forum site now to arrange trail runs and post introductions.
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

I went ahead and registered with this username, though I never got a confirmation email. Checked my spambox too as well.
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
skates04
2008 JK Wrangler 

It shows your a registered member, can you log in? I think we actually have 2 other members from the springs, and another who is about to move there soon.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.