Need you thoughts and prayers! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Need you thoughts and prayers!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #46
theskier74
2001 WJ 

I can not believe that happened. I am so sorry for your loss man...if you need anything im here. At least with his passing, he will continue to help other people out by donating vital organs.

theskier74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2011, 01:10 AM   #47
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

I'm very sorry for your loss. It was very noble of him to elect to be an organ donor, and as it's been said, the good thing is he will continue to save others. Very sad news.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #48
Njordan311
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i'm so sorry. heres a poem for him.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
We would walk right up to Heaven, to bring you home again
No farewell words were spoken, no time to say good-bye
You were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why
Our hearts ache in sadness, and secret tears will flow
What is meant to lose you, no one will ever know

R.I.P. Bobby
Njordan311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #49
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Sorry for your loss So sad to hear...
Unread 06-05-2011, 07:47 PM   #50
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm very sorry for your loss
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #51
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am so sorry about your son. I know that you have heard that many times.
Even though I didn't know the boy, I feel very sad knowing what happened to him. I will pray for your family. I'm sure he is happy knowing that he has saved lives here on earth.

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #52
Kruzin
1993 ZJ 

As most of you know, 4 months ago, on the 19th of May, my son was innocently sitting on a park bench, when a landscaping truck inexplicably drove mysteriously 50 yards in a straight line (after hitting at least 2 curbs) and mowed him down.

He passed away 6 days later, as I held his hand while life support was removed, after all CAT scans and other tests determined he was truely gone (all upper brain areas damaged beyond hope).

To this day, the driver has not been charged with jack squat, and it has been determined he was driving on a suspended licence. He has also refused to be questioned by the state troopers, or comply/assist in any way in the investigation. The State Patrol claims to be too busy to complete their investigation, and no D.A. has been handed the case to determine charges.

Please tell me....Am I wrong to to frustrated and infuriated by this situation?
This guy killed a young man, just entering his prime. And he still has not spent a night in jail. Has not had to answer for his crime at all. Not even a traffic ticket.

Is it wrong for me to expect some kind of justice for the loss of my son?
Kruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #53
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No you are not wrong. There must be some justice. There has to be an investigation. If that guy had no license he had no business in the truck

Surely you have retained counsel for civil suits? If not do it right away.

Jim
Unread 09-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #54
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sorry to hear nothing has been done yet. I know if must be super frustrating, so no, you are not wrong to expect justice.

Let us know if we can help.

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #55
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

I don't understand this-I got caught driving with a suspended license once (lost it due to too many speeding tickets). I got pulled over for going through a YELLOW light! When the cop determined that I was driving on a suspended license, I was immediately taken to jail & charged with driving under suspension. Automatic 1 year addition to my suspension.
I amazes me that someone was driving under suspension & KILLED somebody, and hasn't been charged with a crime. Judging by your description of events,. it sounds like he must have been drunk or stoned to do what he did.
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #56
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

I haven't been very active on JeepForum lately and I just saw this. I can't imagine what your family has been through in the past 6 months, especially since justice has not yet ben served. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, Ken. Damn allergies are acting up again...
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #57
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Maybe some of the local news stations can help you get justice. I see them do stories all the time about people who swindled elderly out of money or have an issue with their landlord, etc..and are able to help them get their issues fixed. Your story should be accepted by them as it is more interesting and powerful.

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #58
otisdog
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rballman View Post
Maybe some of the local news stations can help you get justice. I see them do stories all the time about people who swindled elderly out of money or have an issue with their landlord, etc..and are able to help them get their issues fixed. Your story should be accepted by them as it is more interesting and powerful.
There ya go.
Jim
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #59
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ken - you have EVERY right to be angry. If it were me, I would be hounding them every day demanding that something be done. If the driver had a suspended license, then he should have immediately been charged on the scene. They should have been able to determine on that day if the driver was drunk, impaired or had medical issues that contributed to the crash. They should have also been able to determine if the truck had massive mechanical issues which caused it to be out of control. These are just basic things I would think they would have done right away.

Don't bother with phone calls unless you tape them. Get in their office every day (and tape that too). Get this broadcast everywhere you can (radio and TV). Post the story on every social website you can think of. If you cause them enough grief, maybe they will come up with the effort to resolve the case just to get you out of their hair.

Sounds like a bunch of "Deputy-Dogs" to me. I wouldn't stand for it.

And since when is this legal:
"He has also refused to be questioned by the state troopers, or comply/assist in any way in the investigation."
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #60
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rballman View Post

x1,000,000

You have every right to be furious about this. I would be on this like flies on stink & bring this up to all the news stations. He ruined the lives of many people that day, and he deserves to have justice come back and take a piece.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.