need help planning trip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > need help planning trip

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
ktaylor448
2001 TJ Wrangler 

need help planning trip

Ladies/gents...

I'm starting to plan a trip for next summer. Ill be starting in south Georgia, making my way up to my home state of Indiana to hit the Badlands, and ending somewhere in arizona or california. The wife and I plan to stop through Colorado. She has never been. I have been many times to ski in Fraser (winter park, specifically). My question being, where are some places around Fraser we can wheel? I'm looking for some light to medium trails as I am not trying to push my luck on such a long trip.

KTM RACING #448

USN Jeep Club Hull #149
ktaylor448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

traildamage.com will be your best resource, along with trail recommendations here.

There are photos and difficulty ratings of trails that are very helpful. Jones Pass, Byers Peak, and Rollins Pass West are all close by and easy. There are a lot more trails within 30 min from easy to semi-technical should you choose.
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

+1 for traildamage.com. It has most of the popular trails in Colorado listed with good details and descriptions.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

There isn't anything challenging in that area. If you have been to the Winter Park area, try somewhere new. Anywhere in the Summit County area (Keystone/Breck/Vail) has better wheeling.

Also keep in mind that depending on what time of summer you come, the higher up trails may not be opened yet. In early summer, a lot of the trails are still closed.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.