Need Colorado Help With Lift Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Need Colorado Help With Lift Kit

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-14-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
glockfire

Need Colorado Help With Lift Kit

I have an 06 TJ and Im going to be putting a 2" RE BB Lift on it soon. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to put it on and the Bllhide shop in Foco said it would cost me about 275 for installation and Alignment.

Is there somebody on here that could install it for me for around $100? If thats a rediculous price then tell me, but just really dont want to end up paying over $500 for a little 2" lift.

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
glockfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:08 PM   #2
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nobody here will take money for helping you out. We will, however, take beer.

Just post up when you'd like to do it. If you are unable to do it at your residence, I'm sure one of us will be able to lend a garage and tools to help out. Installing a BB is pretty easy. You will need some spring compressors (just to make it easier) and they can be rented at Auto Zone or something for not too much.

Whenever you'd like to do it, I'm sure you'll be able to get a couple hands to help out. I'm free most weekends, btw.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
glockfire

Tj

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9
Nobody here will take money for helping you out. We will, however, take beer.

Just post up when you'd like to do it. If you are unable to do it at your residence, I'm sure one of us will be able to lend a garage and tools to help out. Installing a BB is pretty easy. You will need some spring compressors (just to make it easier) and they can be rented at Auto Zone or something for not too much.

Whenever you'd like to do it, I'm sure you'll be able to get a couple hands to help out. I'm free most weekends, btw.
Well, being that Im 18 I may have a problem buying a case of beer for yall, but I'll definetly give ya the money to do it, lol. I just bought an engagement ring so Im strapped for cash, but Im thinking about doing this in Late September, early October. Glad to know that the Colorado 4x4 community is so willing to help !!!

Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #4
glockfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire
Well, being that Im 18 I may have a problem buying a case of beer for yall, but I'll definetly give ya the money to do it, lol. I just bought an engagement ring so Im strapped for cash, but Im thinking about doing this in Late September, early October. Glad to know that the Colorado 4x4 community is so willing to help !!!

Ahhh, the dreaded "death-band." I am all too familiar with this affliction. Soon you will realize that with a Jeep AND and a woman in your life- you might as well kiss your money goodbye.

The only weekend I won't be able to help is the weekend of October 5 (and the following week), as my "death-band" becomes a permanent fixture (getting married that weekend). Any other weekend I'm fine, but if that's the weekend you choose, I know others will be willing and able to help.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
Unread 08-14-2007, 01:17 PM   #5
collkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i'd be interested to come, im not sure i could help much but it would be fun to learn and watch!
Colorado Member #89
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #6
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am getting a Tera low in the next 2 weeks...

Perhaps it is time for a mid season wrenching day.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
dnrisden
Rise of the Silver Slinky

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9
Ahhh, the dreaded "death-band." I am all too familiar with this affliction. Soon you will realize that with a Jeep AND and a woman in your life- you might as well kiss your money goodbye.

The only weekend I won't be able to help is the weekend of October 5 (and the following week), as my "death-band" becomes a permanent fixture (getting married that weekend). Any other weekend I'm fine, but if that's the weekend you choose, I know others will be willing and able to help.
dnrisden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
XJride231
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
KUK9 Nobody here will take money for helping you out. We will, however, take beer.
So hey, if you TJ guys are knowledgeable on XJs, I will GLADLY throw down for a Keg and BBQ fixins to the group who helps me with my 3.5 inch lift. But, can we get into that somewhere near the end of the project?

Let me know what you think... I still do not have the lift but am definitely interesting in getting to know people with more mechanical skills than me and learn what I can.

Colorado JEEP club member #123
XJride231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm down for that as well. I installed my XJ lift by myself in about 14 hours or so. Much of that was wasted time, trying to break bolts loose, or having to maneuver something around because I couldn't do two things at once. That was a pretty relaxed pace as well.

If we're having a few people doing this (depending on when you get your lift), we could definately have a mod party and get a few done at once. Then when we're all done, we can all set my XJ on fire and push it over a cliff, because the DAMN VIBRATION IS IRRITATING THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!!
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
Unread 08-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockfire
I have an 06 TJ and Im going to be putting a 2" RE BB Lift on it soon. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to put it on and the Bllhide shop in Foco said it would cost me about 275 for installation and Alignment.

Is there somebody on here that could install it for me for around $100? If thats a rediculous price then tell me, but just really dont want to end up paying over $500 for a little 2" lift.
Shoot me a PM or an email when you are ready to install. I won't do it for you but I'll gladly help you get it done, I'll even bring tools. I live at the very south end of Ft. Collins so I am not far away at all.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #11
XJride231
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Why such bad vibe problems? I don't want that to happen with my Jeep !!!

Colorado JEEP club member #123
XJride231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #12
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJride231
Why such bad vibe problems? I don't want that to happen with my Jeep !!!

At this point, your guess is as good as mine. I've got one or two more avenues to check out, so hopefully one of them is the culprit.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #13
xjwagoneer
2005 LJ Wrangler 

my knuckles are healed for the most part from my lift installation, so id be happy to help anybody as long as im not working
xjwagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.