My Opinion - 4 Wheel Parts in Colorado Springs - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > My Opinion - 4 Wheel Parts in Colorado Springs

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 04-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #16
provinT13
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I will never go to 4wp or predator or any other shop here in the springs. Predator has a very fancy showroom but I have been in there a few times and been treated like ****. The owner sometimes comes off as stuck up and I have seem some shady work done from their shop on my friends XJ (like cutting the pinch seam and not bending it and tacking it back together)

94 YJ Build

99 TJ Build
provinT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #17
pearj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

@bdmckenna - Best way to effect a change.. hit 'em where it hurts (money). The more you people you tell, the more likely a change will happen. At the very least it saves others the hassle of dealing with them...

I had a "not outstanding" visit with them for a rear track bar bracket.. That was my first visit to 4wheel parts.. Haven't been back, wouldn't go back - especially with all the other options nearby.

@Yams - Where are you buying direct from? Direct from each individual manufacturer or is there a 'wholesale' place you are using? Just curious, there's a few things I'm looking to price.
pearj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #18
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearj View Post
I had a "not outstanding" visit with them for a rear track bar bracket.. That was my first visit to 4wheel parts.. Haven't been back, wouldn't go back - especially with all the other options nearby.
However, they stay in business with the first-time (and only time) buyers. Well, that and the questionable pricing leading up to their "buy 3, get one free" tire deals. I haven't set foot in a 4WP since the early 2000s, and that was to find a specific employee who was a member of another Jeep forum. Prior to that, my first, last, and only purchase from them was in the early 90s while I was stationed in Southern California and didn't know any better...
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #19
pearj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucca-man View Post
However, they stay in business with the first-time (and only time) buyers.
I admit, I was a first time buyer for the trackbar bracket, and didn't know any better (was putting on my first lift) - I needed shocks too, they tried to up-sale me, which turned me to High Country.

I wanted to get stationed in CA, but got UT instead. I'm out now, and settled in CO. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yams View Post
You need to buy direct. To hell with paying these mark-up costs.
I'd really like to know where it's possible to buy direct from... Especially now..

This morning I used my Extended-Snow-Brush-Ice-Scrapper-Thing to tap the snow off the back window (soft top) from the inside. It went right through. I know they're brittle when cold, but I barely tapped it - I didn't think it'd be that brittle (it's the original - about 7 years old). The zippers don't work on the side windows, they are brush-marked, etc.., so it wouldn't hurt to replace the whole thing.

I heard it's possible to just replace the plastic window, so I was going to look into that, replacing the whole top and other options.. I suppose I'll start a thread for that - but still - I'd like to know where to look for direct buys.

pearj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #20
foggybottombob
1984 CJ7 

I don't go to any store anymore. It is a waste of gas and time. The utility of 4 wheel parts is that you can order heavy stuff online and not pay for shipping but pick it up at the local store. Otherwise just order what you want and have it delivered to your door. If you need Jeep work done in COS talk to Crazy Ed's Performance. I asked Predator about doing an engine swap and the quote was 10 to 15 thousand dollars. I told the guy there were two Jeeps on craigslist at the time with V8's in them for $8K each. So the price was insane and the range of the quote ($5K) was also insane. Ed is going to do it for under $5K.
foggybottombob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #21
bdmckenna
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm having the following installed next week:

TERAFLEX FR CV SHAFT 12UP JK 4743222
TERAFLEX 4IN LONG ARM W/SHOCKS JK 4DR 1257400
TERAFLEX STEERING STABILIZER JEEP 1513001
TERAFLEX HD FRAME BRCE/DRAG LNK FLIP JK 1600440

I am having Faricy Jeep do the work. They price matched what I could get the parts for and discounted the labor rate for me. I don't have a lift which really makes it hard to cut off brackets and weld new ones on. So I am going to have them do it. Their labor cost is exactly 2/3rd of what Predator wanted and 1/2 of 4 Wheel Parts.

I will do the gears, gussets, sleeves, etc to the front and rear Dana's.

Yea... We wheel!

2012 JKRU w/Bells & Whistles
bdmckenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
JagerHelix
2011 JK Wrangler 

Wow, I didn't know faricy would do aftermarket non mopar lifts. I like the service there. Do they warranty the work they do if its not mopar? I know pred warranties all their work. So I was considering them.
2011 JKU 3:73, 33x13.5xr17 Irok Radials
Jeeps can do a lot with a little
JagerHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #23
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

My experience with shops that are way lower then everyone else is either A: they are not experienced in what you are asking, and dont know what they are getting into, B: Intentionally lowball the price, and get the vehicle torn down, and nickle and dime you with stuff to get it back to running or C: Will hack and butcher it where they can to save pennies, and use the cheapest stuff they can, ala bautozone.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #24
bdmckenna
2012 JK Wrangler 

Faricy actually does quite a bit of work and they have done a dozen long arm Teraflex's. They have a tech that has been trained by Teraflex too so I am comfortable with them doing the work and yes, the warranty their work.

Yea... We wheel!

2012 JKRU w/Bells & Whistles
bdmckenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #25
BigZeke55
1985 CJ7 

Avenger

Jack and his team at Avenger are awesome in Colorado Springs.
BigZeke55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
Jeepin72
Is it the weekend yet?

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have never been to the CS store, but I have been to both Denver stores. I had great service at the Federal store. The one just off of I70 by old Stapleton is crap. Poor service, biased parts sales, etc... 4WP is not your friend is what I hear overall.
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #27
steeleman3
1993 ZJ 

I'm in Denver area, just lookin for some places to buy parts rather than pay for shipping. What are some good places around here?
Unread 05-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #28
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleman3 View Post
I'm in Denver area, just lookin for some places to buy parts rather than pay for shipping. What are some good places around here?
High Country 4x4 has a parts inventory.
They are NOT tools either. They are a bit more $ that 4WP but they don't treat one like poo and have a good if not busy shop.

Hamden and Santa Fe.
jeepster93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #29
Yams
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearj View Post
I'd really like to know where it's possible to buy direct from... Especially now..
If I want a Power tank, I buy from Power tank. If I want a prefilter, I go to Outerwears site and buy from the source. If I see someone's jeep has a cool bumper, I'll google the best prices, or buy from the manufacture.

I did however buy my best top from predator because I got a better deal than buying direct, and they had it on the shelf. Spicer u-joints, Just do a search.
Ebay isn't just for one on one anymore, there are folks that use ebay as their mail order outlet.
Yams is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.