My Opinion - 4 Wheel Parts in Colorado Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > My Opinion - 4 Wheel Parts in Colorado Springs

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
bdmckenna
2012 JK Wrangler 

My Opinion - 4 Wheel Parts in Colorado Springs

I moved to Colorado Springs in early Feb. I have been into the 4 Wheel Parts store 3 times now. Without a doubt, it is the most unfriendly place I have ever shopped at. If you are not having them install something or running a buggy and 40's on your rig they don't have time for you. Their favorite saying there... "Oh, I can order that for you". They carry nothing in stock to speak of and they always seem to have something better to do. I watch 4 people walk out the other day because nobody acknowledged them when they came in.

So I need a Power Tank and I am going to drive to Denver to get it because #1, they called me back and #2, they have it in stock.

Quadratec just got my $11K order and was very helpful. Cya 4 Wheel Parts!

Yea... We wheel!

2012 JKRU w/Bells & Whistles
bdmckenna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ask for Kirk in Denver he's the man !
Unread 03-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
raynmaker
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have to agree with you on cs 4wp. Aweful service. and as a company I am very disgruntalled with 4wp. I ordered from 3 different places and took 4wp an extra week to get stuff. And when I went to pick it up they took an hour looking for it saying "I don't think we have that" wth.
Unread 03-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
bdmckenna
2012 JK Wrangler 

I drove up to Denver to pick up a Power Tank. I called and they told me that they had one but got up there and the one I called about wasn't there. I settled on an "A" package rather then the "B" package I wanted. The sales person was obviously new and then Steve stepped in and got the stuff straightened out as best as it could be.

I handed the new guy the part number but he stood there surfing the internet at Power Tanks website trying to confirm that I had the right part number. I gave Steve a funny look and he stepped in.

While at least they had stuff in stock I don't think I will be shopping with them anymore. I'll stick with Quadratec.

Yea... We wheel!

Unread 03-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My brother is looking at buying a JK and went into the CS store to talk about lifting it. His comment was that they were talking down to him. I then posted a thread here asking for other shops, and Predator 4x4 was recommended. So he went there and they spent time talking with him about what he wanted and wanted to do. Totally different experience.

It is amazing that 4WP has this reputation nationwide and seems to do nothing about it. Where I live, I use a small 4x4 shop instead of 4WP.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
My brother is looking at buying a JK and went into the CS store to talk about lifting it. His comment was that they were talking down to him. I then posted a thread here asking for other shops, and Predator 4x4 was recommended. So he went there and they spent time talking with him about what he wanted and wanted to do. Totally different experience.

It is amazing that 4WP has this reputation nationwide and seems to do nothing about it. Where I live, I use a small 4x4 shop instead of 4WP.
I've had good service at Predator as well.
colojeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
bdmckenna
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post

I'll check them out Monday. I need the front axle Sleeved and Gusseted.

Thanks!

Yea... We wheel!

Unread 03-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
ncb

I always find visits to 4WP in Denver to be entertaining. If you're not tatted up with a flat billed Monster Energy hat driving a big rig you're treated like a tool. I'll spend my cash elsewhere.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I agree.
I don't spend my money there.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #10
xd1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

4wp in Denver is horrible. I wont go in there again. It's like they went out and found all the sign spinning no talent *** clowns in the area and offered them jobs. If your in Denver I would go to High Country Performance, but Predator 4x4 is probably the best in the area.
xd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
H-MONEY
1998 ZJ 

Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs is the place to go!!!
They offer great prices, have a friendly knowledgeable parts staff, and offer price matching. They can get anything you need. I would give them a shot, you will not be disappointed! Plus they take all their customer on the "Rock Solid Trail Days"; great way to meet people and see what they are all about.
H-MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
bdmckenna
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-MONEY View Post
Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs is the place to go!!!
They offer great prices, have a friendly knowledgeable parts staff, and offer price matching. They can get anything you need. I would give them a shot, you will not be disappointed! Plus they take all their customer on the "Rock Solid Trail Days"; great way to meet people and see what they are all about.
I agree. They did the last service on my Jeep and I ordered another one for my wife yesterday. In parts I work with Reggie. The guy knows his stuff.

Yea... We wheel!

Unread 03-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
98XJmtar14
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I completely agree on the 4WP in the springs, they blow. when I was new to jeeps they told me there was no way I would ever be able to fit 33's on 4.5in of lift on my XJ no matter how much i cut the fenders. ***holes. All of the guys that work there that i have dealt with have had absolutely no knowledge of, well basically anything except how to bang on their keyboards. They suck and I have not gone back for the last 6 months and dont plan to.

Oh and Predator has been amazing, they are always extremely helpful and will talk with you for hours about what you want to do what you need done or anything you can possibly bring up in a conversation. Hands down the best shop in town, especially with their knowledge of offroad vehicles. Oh and I am almost positive they do trail recovery too, may be wrong about that but almost sure.

And if anyone has heard of Armorology they seem pretty good too, very helpful and knowledgeable, theyre right up by predator.
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
Yams
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckenna View Post
I drove up to Denver to pick up a Power Tank.
You need to buy direct. To hell with paying these mark-up costs.
I got my power thank with all the goodies for $300. Those jackwagons at 4WP wanted $400+ for just the tank and mount.

Plus 4WP is like walking into a wall. I called the other day for a tree saver, the jackwagon tried to push off a 20' strap on me.
Yams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
bdmckenna
2012 JK Wrangler 

Rest assured I have told everyone and will continue to tell everyone to shop somewhere else. I have posted my experiences on several boards as well. I will not ever set foot in any of their stores or shop online ever again.

Yea... We wheel!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.