Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My after Moab thoughts...

721 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MeloYelo 
#1 ·
After a week in Moab, I have decided on the future modding route, at least short term, for my Jeep.
There is nothing I can do about the wheel hop I have, as this is an intrensic part of having leaf springs. Coil overs are the only way to loose the wheel hop, and I don't see that happening(it might be easier to buy a Tj for this).
So I will go another direction...

I will investagate a 4 link. At least in the rear, where most of my hop is.

I have a cracked exhaust manifold. It started to rattle and make noise in Moab, so this needs to be delt with sooner than later.
I have ordered a Pasesetter header. After a whole lot of research and hearing opinions covering every possible repair, I am going the Pasesetter direction. The question is - ceramic coatings or not. Ceramic will cool the under hood a great deal.

I have also ordered a Currie Anti-rock anti sway bar. I have no anti-sway bar now, it was removed somewhere along the way. My Yj with it's leaf springs are not really suseptible to roll like a coil sprung Jeep is, but on road this will make a big improvement, and my heep is not a trailer queen, it is driven.
Currie does not make an Anti-rock for a Yj, but with minor mods to a nylon bushing and welding a couple tabs on the axle, a Tj will fit sweet. Ordered it from Northridge.

I will be dumping my Warn 7 inch fender flairs for a set of home made flairs copied from Poison Spyder's welded on flairs, at least in back(as soon as I get a set of corner guards, also on my new list). I hit my current flairs and tore one off in Moab.
No decisions on the front fenders yet.

Input?

See less See more
#2 ·
It sounds good to me. I would suggest exploring all of the anti sway options. There's like 5 of them. I'm all for the 4 link in the rear.

On my way home from every Moab, I trip I go through all of the obstacles I ran in my mind and think, how could I mod the jeep to do that better?

After this last trip, I am pretty happy. The two major things for me- Super 30 kit ($500 + install) and a 5" stretch/belly up ($2500). Neither are super high priorities until I go back.

Tom, how are you on spare parts? I'm begining to think that should be just as high a priority as anything.

#3 ·
I will investagate a 4 link. At least in the rear, where most of my hop is.

is - ceramic coatings or not. Ceramic will cool the under hood a great deal.

Input?
I coated my APN header, for the money its worth it.

if you need any copper gasket spray i have two cans, and don't need either of them. Save you the 8 bucks.

Four link it stretch it and put Cherokee springs up front SOA and a shackle reversal :thumbsup::drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.