Mt. Princeton? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Mt. Princeton?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
towermonkey
2008 WK 

Tj Mt. Princeton?

Anyone been up there? I'm wondering if there's any good camping as well as wheelin' around there?

towermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Parky

I don't know of any specific camp sites, but I remember seeing several while rafting the Arkansas South of Buena Vista. If you go over Cottonwood Pass to the West of Buena Vista, we have camped along the Taylor River, North of the Taylor Res.

The only specific 4x4 trail that I have heard of is Chinaman Gulch. Hope that helps.
Colorado Jeep Member #12

Happy Jeeper
Parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
jeep4fishing

Baldwin Lakes, Tin Cup Pass, Chinaman's Gulch, Grizzly Lake... many many more. There are several NF camp sites and the Hot Springs resort to stay at. If you expand beyond just that canyon there are probably 50 or more good trails within the vicinity of Buena Vista to hit. Best suggestion, get a San Isabel NF map, a couple of Topos for Chaffee and Lake Counties and pick a trail.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.