Mt Evans/Georgetown Continental Divide Trails? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Mt Evans/Georgetown Continental Divide Trails?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-20-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mt Evans/Georgetown Continental Divide Trails?

Isn't there like a level 1 or 2 trail around this/those areas? I thought there was a graded trail that was very scenic?

Is there one? Also, doable in the winter? Taking the fam out to Mt Evans (assuming it is not blocked off) and wanted to take them down a mild (re: dirt road) trail.

Anyone know?

Thanks

-J

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Webster/Argentine Pass is in that area and has to be snowed in already as are most of the passes in that area I would imagine...Check the FS's website for that area...
Unread 11-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #3
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure the road to Mt Evans is closed/gated.
There is a more challenging trail called Saxson Mountain that goes from Idaho Spgs. to Georgetown. Certainly not a dirt road but is doable stock, in summer...closed most winter.(not sure if Saxson Mnt is closed now??? there is no gate, just snow.)
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.