Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Moving to Denver area...

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  kennyboobear 
#1 ·
So yea, moving up there Dec. 1st. Anything I should be aware of in the Mile High City prior to going there?

Am also looking for a good Jeep group/club out thataway, any recommendations? Hopefully I'll meet someone that's done a successful re-gear or two to give me a hand when I do mine in December :shhh:

All that said, can't wait to romp around in the snow and rocks that Colorado offers, and finally gonna get to run EJS. Been a long time coming! :2thumbsup:

#2 ·
I would suggest you check out the Mile High Jeep Club to begin with and then check out trails at traildamage.com - there are a lot of smaller clubs once you find out what is going on in the area...btw, welcome to Gods Country. Oh, also check out co4x4.org for info.

#3 ·
Sounds like a plan. Yea, have frequented traildamage.com for a long time. Want to start my Colorado trail riding off with Saxon Mountain Rd. and branch off onto Spring Creek. May make it an overnight trip and spend a night up in the mountains :D But don't think much wheeling will come until after the snow goes poof. Will hit up co4x4.org next, and look into Mile High. Thank you good sir!

Now to find someone willing to give me a hand with the regear :rofl:

#6 ·
lol, not sure if that was sarcasm or if I should really be afraid of the guy ahah
welcome to denver man. another site to check for regear is cojeeps.net. guy on there warranty's his work and can did them for great prices.

Hit the trail during the snow, its always fun...sometimes lol
Would look into it but I'm adamant on doing my own re-gear :cheers2: if I can't get an extra hand, I'll just trial and error it myself :rofl:
As far as the snow goes, maybe once I get used to driving on all that slick stuff. Born and raised in South Louisiana, the white powdery cold stuff is new to me lol

#11 ·
Thanks, will message him today when I get off work. Seems like a hell of a deal there. :cheers2:

#12 ·
Yeah Stand, well Josh, Is super well known around here, er um, atleast on a lot of the Jeep and 4x4 colorado forums.

Lots of us XJ guys use him too.

#16 ·
Haha sure will. Might even call again to crack open a cold one and bs some more :rofl: But yea, another 17 days of work for me and then Dec. 1st should be up there, so will probably call you again around the 29th/30th to get the parts ordered :2thumbsup: Just be careful, I like to switch out nuts and bolts to watch people strip **** out and then point my finger in shock/awe and put the blame on someone else :shhh: Cheers lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.