Mount Baldy/Mount Rosa Inaccessible - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Mount Baldy/Mount Rosa Inaccessible

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 09-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
ELMCZJ95

Mount Baldy/Mount Rosa Inaccessible

So with all the flooding recently I read online that Old Stage Rd and Gold Camp Rd are damaged and nearly impassible? If so I have no idea how to get up into the Mt Baldy and Rosa trails. Can anyone comment on this? I had a wheeling trip planned this weekend. Here's the link BTW, 3/4ths the way down in the Roads section http://gazette.com/colorado-springs-...rticle/1506324

Unread 09-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #2
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Yes, Old Stage Road is closed at the end of pavement, just above the Broadmoor area.
http://adm.elpasoco.com/PUBLICSERVIC...x?ProjectId=86
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Could possibly go to teller county and come in from the backside via gold camp road? I'm not sure how far the road closure extends.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #4
ELMCZJ95

That's disappointing, I've really been looking forward to hitting these trails.
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
texlurch
2002 WJ 

If the road from Victor is still open, you should be able to reach it from there.
Just a bit more of a drive to get there.

Of course that doesn't mean Mt Baldy trail isn't washed out.

I may try and check it out next weekend. Should be done working on the WJ by then I hope!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
ELMCZJ95

My friend and I are going to check out Old Stage Road tomorrow where the asphalt turns to dirt to see what everything looks like. I'll let you guys know what we find out
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
Lostfedexman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I tried to get up there last weekend, passed the first "road closed" sign on old stage and there was an El Paso county sheriff sitting right where the pavement ends with a second "road closed" sign. Yea, he wasn't letting ANYBODY get through. Unfortunate. Rosemont reservoir is up that way and has some awesome fishing. I talked to the trooper, he said the road will remain closed for at least another month, quite possibly 2 months.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #4267
Lostfedexman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
ELMCZJ95

That's disappointing. I wonder how often they have police sit there.
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
Lostfedexman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMCZJ95 View Post
That's disappointing. I wonder how often they have police sit there.
Not sure, but he wasn't too happy that I drove past the first "road closed" sign. lol
Colorado Jeep Club Member #4267
Lostfedexman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
ELMCZJ95

From what I've seen the washouts don't look like anything a stock Jeep couldn't handle.
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Its not just the road bed washing out, bear that in mind before you sneak up there. Ground stability is questionable at best at the locations, more could slide still. They said there is some utilities in the area as well that may be affected(per news article I read) that could also make the slides dangerous.
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
ELMCZJ95

Hmmm yeah that's true, there's just nowhere else close to go around here haha. At least according to TrailDamage.
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
texlurch
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMCZJ95 View Post
Hmmm yeah that's true, there's just nowhere else close to go around here haha. At least according to TrailDamage.
China Wall and the Gulches are not the far from Woodland Park. Maybe an hour drive from the Academy.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #383
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #14
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Need to look at some other trail guides. Theres a decent one out there, you can find at Sportsmans Warehouse here in town, with plenty of trails in it within driving distance.
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #15
ELMCZJ95

I found a loop we have access to, going to be doing Rampart Range Road with Illinois Gulch, Ice Cave Creek, Balanced Rock, and Schubarth. Hope to see you guys out there this weekend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.