Moab - where to stay? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Moab - where to stay?

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #16
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rballman View Post
We will only be there for about 4 days and after Canyonlands and Arches visits I will prob only have 1-1.5 days to wheel. Ah well...should still be a great trip.
I will guarantee that when you leave you will be thinking that you wish there had been more time to drive trails in your Jeep.

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #17
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymguyjeep View Post
I will guarantee that when you leave you will be thinking that you wish there had been more time to drive trails in your Jeep.
^^^^^^^^^^ x a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only been out to Moab to wheel once; we ended up having a long weekend & a really long 2 days of wheeling. I want to go back insanely bad!

We ended up staying at one of the campsites right at the beginning of town (as you're driving in, on the right hand side). It was good - not overly crowded when we were there, & we were tucked way in the back, so we had our own little area.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #18
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanZJ View Post
Might want to re-think taking your dog along. IIRC dogs can't leave the pavement/car in Canyonlands and Arches.
Yeah I noticed this on the park websites and decided to leave the pup at home.

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
newracer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymguyjeep View Post
First time I went, 3 days, not enough.

Next time, 5 days, not enough.

Last time, 6 days, still not enough.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-28-2011, 09:25 PM   #20
nutzak
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I didn't see much when I searched so I will ask...

I have never been to the Moab area and the wife and I are thinking of heading there at the end of Sept.

So...where do you usually stay? Any good deals besides camping and the KOA?

- Ryan

I know you were asking about camping (we stayed with our rv at portal rv park and it was nice - but only on the south end the north end is nowhere near as nice), but I thought I would share this:

My wife and I just spent the last couple days in Moab with our rubicon. We came by ourselves, and wanted to do some wheeling.n not being one to go alone, especially where i am unfamiliar - we were looking at our options. We bought a book that we were referred to, and decided to stay to the "easy" trails and just make the best of it. While she was getting ready and I was waiting (which I spend an amazing amount of time doing) I was looking through the book - wishing we could go somewhere better. I ran across a couple pictures in it and there was a guides name on a jeep, I thought "what the hell" and I called him. Best call I could have made. Dan Mick, was the guys name, I called him a little before nine am and we met at ten. He led in his jeep, and we followed in ours, we did the Hell's Revenge trail. I never would have considered it alone, and it was the highlight of our trip. Dan is a great guy, with tons of local knowledge and just a genuine person. We couldn't say enough good things about him.

I had been looking at a way to break into Moab, and had seen many ideas here on the forum of what to do and where to go - this just worked out so great for us I wanted to share the experience.
nutzak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #21
rballman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wow, that worked out well! How was Hell's Revenge?

Colorado Jeep Club member #2007

My JK Build Thread
rballman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #22
nutzak
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Wow, that worked out well! How was Hell's Revenge?

It was great. We didn't do the canyon down and up and the end (Hell's gate I believe), we rode through it with Dan- it was unreal. The rest of the trail was a great time.
nutzak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #23
mountainjock
1988 XJ Cherokee 

The Lazy Lizard Hostel is not to bad. My wife was okay, she did use the showers at Poison Spider bike shop though. The hostel is cheap!
mountainjock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.