Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

MOAB REPORT!!! March Madness Ed. - Now with a COLOR video AND sound!!!

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  FPKites 
#1 ·
I just got in from Moab. Unreal trip. :eyebulge::pickle::D

You know by now, Don tried to test out his cage on Pritchett Canyon. Everyone is fine and the "Silver Slinky" as it was dubbed came out with minimal damages. I have video of Don's recovery and Chris (a pro photog) got about 6 pictures of the flop in motion.

It was a miracle roll to say the least. It was a huge wall he fell off of (Suicide Hill/Oh-My-God Hill). He can post up the details, I believe he was about an hour behind me on I70.

"Chromelyner" did everything I could throw at it- including Escalator, Hell's Gate, and the smaller of the two Hot Tubs- all with out straps or cables.

I couldn't have been happier with the jeep. I ended up running Pritchett Canyon, Cliffhanger, and Hells Revenge. That was the 4th jaunt down Hells Revenge, but the first time completing Escalator and Hells Gate. It is probably my favorite trail out there.... so I got Melody to drive it in her H3.

She did awesome! Tom (Cruzin Illuzion) spotted her through the whole trail without a scratch. Melody ran the smaller hot tub as well :cool:

I have 240 pictures that I'll start uploading. Video was limited.. I only got 60 minutes of Pritchett footage. Don got like 60 gigs or something crazy, so hopefully he can post up some video. The shots he got on Escalator are freaking sweet. It was like a NASCAR event, no one wanted to see us get up it, they just wanted to see some carnage! Well, they were not disappointed :rofl:

Pics coming...

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
I didn't get in until Wednesday night, so Melody and I ran Pritchett, Cliffhanger, and Hells Revenge -we had the Hummer and Jeep on HR.

Sweet Pic's, can't wait to see more!

You're liking that OX Locker it sounds like, did you make it up Escalator?
The front Ox was great! The rear Ox was popping through out the whole trip. I'm sure it just needs to be adjusted.

Terry- with some great spotting, super sticky tires, and some luck, I crawled up Escalator without being strapped. It was by far the highlight of my trip! The TJ kind of flopped over onto my tube fender in the hole though. So it will need some touch up paint. Lucky for me to have them, my little incident would have crushed regular fenders and I may have even damaged the hood. So basically that mod paid for itself.

Starting the Climb

Getting lined up

Brandon keeping me off the rocks

Crawling up the second wall

Exiting

#6 ·
saw you guys rolling into town as i was rolling out. i honked and waved but i was in the rv with the jeep on the back so im sure you all didn't know who i was. glad you all had fun and a safe trip.

sean

#8 ·
Here is Don making easy work of Hells Gate-

Cruising down

The exit

The climb

Halfway up

Exiting... check out the air under the passenger front tire

:thumbsup:

#9 ·
What an awesome trip, flop and all. My family and I had a great time. We got to wheel some of the toughest trails that we have ever been on. The learning curve was huge, but that just added to the fun and excitement. It could have gotten ugly after the flop, but with everyone ok and the jeep running we finished out the week.:D We'll post pics after I waid through the 12 gig worth. Here is the trail list:

Green Day in Area BFE
Prichett (with probably the scariest obstacle that I have seen and no bypass)
Cliff Hanger
Hell Revenge

Some of the hardest and most rewarding wheeling yet.:thumbsup:

Anyone up for a MOAB trip in May?

#10 ·
Congrats Jay and Don and everyone who went, those were some tough trails you guy's handled, then drove home :2thumbsup:!!

Glad the OX is working good. There was like 5 or 6 of my gear installs on that trip, I'm real glad they all held up.:)

#13 ·
Looks like a blast! Don- how's the damage? Any pics? I'm trying to start planning a trip in May, about the same time we went last year. Still in the planning stages, but a definate possibility at this time. Any other takers?

Great pics as always Jay!

#20 ·
Incredible stuff from the Callaway clan as always. Great job Jay.

#23 ·
The Karlin clan is arriving on the 29th, leaving on the 3rd of June. We'll probably head down to Dead Horse on Monday, maybe see Hole in the Rock, etc. Maybe goof around at Fins - Bridget had fun driving that last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.