Meetup groups are hysterical to say the least!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Meetup groups are hysterical to say the least!!!!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Muncher
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Meetup groups are hysterical to say the least!!!!

I must say my last experience with a local Meetup group for Jeeps was hysterical to say the least.

I join, then figure since I've been in up to 15 Meetup groups in another state AND had been an organizer in ALL of them, leading not only 4x4 groups but in hiking,mtn.biking,kayaking,snowshoeing etc.....I decide to join the one in Colorado and then write the leader of the group to become an assistant organizer and begin leading groups again. Now, mind you, I'm not new to 4x4ing. I've been wheelin' since 1988.

So I get a response from the leader asking that I should maybe put out a few suggestions etc until people get to know me and such. Which is perfectly understandable. So I do and next thing I know I get an email letting me know I am now an assistant organizer. I thought, hmmmm.....ok cool.

I begin to read up on some trails and figure the next day or so I'd post an outing and get the ball rolling. Right? Chuckle......ya right!!

Next thing I know I get another e-mail from a fellow assistant organizer informing me that I should change my name from just 1 letter to a full name so he feels comfortable me being and organizer. Uhm.....WHAT?

SO, I send another e-mail to the leader of the group informing him that I got this fascinating e-mail and that I didn't see the harm in me using 1 letter until I at least get past a few issues(female stalker from my past).

Now, I wouldn't normally care a flippin' bit about this but after sending my second e-mail I took a look at the other organizer's profile and ironically find another member with 2 letters to his profile name. Uhm....WHAT?

The outcome of this lovely groups answer to my e-mail? I got dropped. LOL!!!!!! Guess I should've added a second letter to make someone happy?? I dunno.

Perhaps BOB SMITH would've been just fine. NO?

Ok....done venting.

Muncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The thing is...
If you don't own it, you don't make the rules.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.