Made it to CO!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Made it to CO!!

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Dino03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Made it to CO!!

my family and I made it to BEAutiful CO this past sunday. I can not wait to get settled in and hit up the trails in these amazing mountains surrounding me! we are in Pueblo which is very nice, a huge resevoir to boat and fish in, the mountains are 25 minutes away, and the weather is great. I hope to catch up with some of you Jeepers in the near future, I am always ready to wheel, so make sure it is posted up and I will be looking for a trip. If anyone knows of any trails close to Pueblo, please let me know where they are so I can hit them up. Thanks!

How you do Anything, is how you do Everything...
Dino03TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Lancair007
2001 XJ Cherokee 

My family and I are planning a trip to Colorado next summer. We don't have an exact date set yet, but I was planning to place a post here and in other forum sections to find others that may be interested in wheeling together, if they are in the same area of CO when we choose a specific date, time, and location.

I am currently fixing up my 2001 XJ to handle the long drive and the awesome trails that I intend to persue while we are in CO.

I can't wait to wheel in CO.
Lancair007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

to bad your not farther up towards denver, hitting the trails tomorrow
Unread 08-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Dino03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

gotta work tomorrow, but I am not at all against a trip to Denver area to wheel and meet some people. I am always off on Sunday's and usually Tuesday's as well. Just post up a trip heads up on here and I will hopefully catch you guys soon. Dino

Unread 08-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #5
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Moved to the springs last december here, just joined the jeep clan recently here, so still learning the trails. Theres plenty all over, some up here, a few straight west of you. Theres a book you can get with some trails in it, think the publisher is a sponsor and posts here... funtreks.com.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
Dino03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man! i have found a killer site called traildamage.com also, TONS of trails listed, check it out.

Unread 08-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino03TJ View Post
Thanks man! i have found a killer site called traildamage.com also, TONS of trails listed, check it out.
traildamage is great for reviews but doesnt help with current openings, for that try www.bushducks.com
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #8
Lancair007
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino03TJ View Post
I took a look at traildamage.com also from someone's link. There is a lot of cool photos there and looked like pretty good info. Now that 2005X posted about the www.bushducks.com I am going to check that out.

I am looking for useful information about Colorado trails near Denver to plan our trip next summer.

Thank you.
Lancair007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #9
RDHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've got an Android phone, HTC Thunderbolt, and have installed a program called Backcountry PRO ($9.95). I've been d/l'ing the gps tracks from Traildamage.com and using them. Works great. Displays the track on maps from mytopo.com.

I've also imported a lot of the Google Earth .kml files from traildamage.com and am keeping a record of the trails I've completed. I'm slowly working on a table in MS Excel of all the trail ratings from traildamage.com - to give an idea of which trails are tougher than others (basically so I can determine which trails are more suitable for taking my wife along )

So far I've been focused on Clear Creek & Gilpin Counties.
RDHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHouston View Post
I've got an Android phone, HTC Thunderbolt, and have installed a program called Backcountry PRO ($9.95). I've been d/l'ing the gps tracks from Traildamage.com and using them. Works great. Displays the track on maps from mytopo.com.

I've also imported a lot of the Google Earth .kml files from traildamage.com and am keeping a record of the trails I've completed. I'm slowly working on a table in MS Excel of all the trail ratings from traildamage.com - to give an idea of which trails are tougher than others (basically so I can determine which trails are more suitable for taking my wife along )

So far I've been focused on Clear Creek & Gilpin Counties.
i see you from henderson, thats like 1 mile from my house. 128th & quebec
Unread 08-04-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
ScorpionsXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Finally someone else from Pueblo
Unread 08-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #12
Dino03TJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionsXJ View Post
Finally someone else from Pueblo
are you out in Pueblo? i have seen a ton of Jeeps out and about but no one waving me down to wheel. do you wheel any trails around here at all? i need to hit some up and test out the new set-up on the Jeep.

Unread 08-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
RDHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

2005X - I'm in River Oaks SE of 120th & 85 - I work at Schlumberger at the corner of 104th & 85 (where all the freakin construction is!) you can see Lucy (my Jeep) in the lot there.

We'll have to get together for a ride.
Unread 08-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #14
RDHouston
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHouston View Post
2005X - I'm in River Oaks SE of 120th & 85 - I work at Schlumberger at the corner of 104th & 85 (where all the freakin construction is!) you can see Lucy (my Jeep) in the lot there.

We'll have to get together for a ride.
Holy Cow!! I just looked at your photos - if the krawler is yours, I'm not goin' trail ridin with you!!
Unread 08-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #15
ScorpionsXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The trails I like to do around here are Eagle Rock, Chinaman Gulch, Medano Pass, Longwater Gulch, and Hackett Gulch. All are very fun.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.