Looking for trip info. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-14-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
1longcj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looking for trip info.

Planning a trip to Colorado for late summer (bought the trail guide book). I would feel more comfortable with other jeepers that know the area, but I don't really want to spend the money on a large planned event. I guess I'm wondering if it's possible to find some locals or a small club run, in whatever area I might visit? Or are there enough people on the popular trails, on a regular basis, that I would be able to join up with at the trailhead?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-16-2017, 11:24 AM
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

What areas of Colorado?

Driving or trailering?

Camping or hotels?

Colorado Jeep Club Member #667
post #3 of 11 Old 01-16-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
1longcj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Haven't picked an area yet. First choice would be Ouray/Telluride. But that's a 20 hour drive in the jeep (no trailer). I've done it before (to Moab) but not much fun. Considering Colorado Springs or Leadville. Won't have much room for camping gear, so I'll probably just do a hotel.

post #4 of 11 Old 01-16-2017, 02:28 PM
tworley

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Traildamage.com will help you pick a trail and know what to expect. When you find one, post up the run here, you'll get plenty of people to join you.

Colorado Member 307
post #5 of 11 Old 01-16-2017, 11:27 PM
josephni

how long does it take so I can get privileges to sell a car?

how long does it take so I can get privileges to sell a car?
post #6 of 11 Old 01-17-2017, 08:56 AM
Double E
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Joseph, Sent you a PM.

'04 Freedom Edition HO & '04 Overland HO (previous '00 Laredo 4.7)
post #7 of 11 Old 01-17-2017, 04:13 PM
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Hello, 1 long Cj.

We are tentatively planning a Ouray trip in what looks like July and would be at least in the third week. From Az. Cant do Aug. since that is our un-official club run of Fordyce creek might run Rubicon after.

Ouray; Kind of the same boat never been there. I have not even looked up exact runs but open to what ever. We do tow the jeep on a trailer and since the wifes going and the dogs on this one its going to involve rooms and restaurants. No idea if this might link but you never know. Have used this site before and was able by chance do similar two years ago to run the Dusy Ershim and Swamp Lake.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-18-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
1longcj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks (if that was an invite). I'm leaning towards late Aug/early Sept. I'm pretty busy during the summer and I don't want snow and/or closed trails to be an issue. Maybe you'll be able to give me some tips after your trip.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-27-2017, 09:28 AM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Hello, 1 long Cj.

We are tentatively planning a Ouray trip in what looks like July and would be at least in the third week. From Az. Cant do Aug. since that is our un-official club run of Fordyce creek might run Rubicon after.

Ouray; Kind of the same boat never been there. I have not even looked up exact runs but open to what ever. We do tow the jeep on a trailer and since the wifes going and the dogs on this one its going to involve rooms and restaurants.
Now I am officially jealous!!!
Although we will be @ Moab in May.
I absolutely love Ouray/Durango!!! A must see IMHO! Although trails in general not that difficult. Most can be done in 4x4 PU. BUT... scenery is breathtaking!!! OP should consider the area and drive. Trailering the way to go if possible. There are a few RV/camping places in the area, but I'm not familiar enough to comment.
Hmmm, July... if I retire by then... and can talk the wifey into it... hmmm?

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #10 of 11 Old 01-28-2017, 01:07 PM
camprats

Here is a website that will show quite a few trails in Colorado, including Leadville (under Breckenridge). JeepTheUSA.com
post #11 of 11 Old 01-29-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
1longcj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks, here's a link
http://www.jeeptheusa.com/
I really want to do Black Bear Pass. Kind of a bucket list thing. But hopefully I will be able to hit a couple of trails along the way in other parts of CO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.