Looking for Co Jeep buddies - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Looking for Co Jeep buddies

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 07-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #31
lynusann
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Matt, you're welcome to come lend a hand if you're free Friday haha

Britt, check into picking up some PB blaster for Friday night in that case. I've got the pickle fork and hammers on lock down

lynusann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #32
BrittanyMaygen
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynusann View Post
Hey Matt, you're welcome to come lend a hand if you're free Friday haha

Britt, check into picking up some PB blaster for Friday night in that case. I've got the pickle fork and hammers on lock down
I gotta see what size wrench it'll take but to be honest I have to way to figure that out at my house except to guess lol. and wtf is PB blaster?? lubricant?
BrittanyMaygen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #33
lynusann
1990 YJ Wrangler 

best way I can think to describe what PB blaster is...it's like WD-40 on steroids. It works as a lubricant and helps "unstick" things.
Unread 07-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #34
afbond03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyMaygen View Post
wtf is PB blaster?? lubricant?
WD-40 is a water based lube while PB Blaster is an actual penetrant.
They should really be across the store from each other instead of on the same shelf.
Unread 07-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #35
BrittanyMaygen
1992 XJ Cherokee 

ah gotcha.
Unread 07-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #36
AmazingBlu
1985 CJ7 

You own a jeep and dont know of PB blaster? You must be very fortunate to have not had to use it up to this point . yellow capped friend of all things jeep. =) I think I have like 5 cans in my garage. It is the only thing that keeps alot of us CJ drivers from taking a sawzaw to our jeeps.
AmazingBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #37
BrittanyMaygen
1992 XJ Cherokee 

haha I'm lucky that my jeep doesn't have a hell of a lot of issues that would require it. Gonna stop and get some tomorrow though just in case we'll need it.
Unread 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #38
lynusann
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Haha. I bet it needs it more than you think. My zj DEF could benefit from regular cleanings with it.
Unread 07-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #39
AmazingBlu
1985 CJ7 

I need to run my CJ through a lake of it every month. But since I havent convinced the PB Blaster company to make a lake for us CJ drivers to go through I just use it as needed basis.
Unread 07-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #40
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03 View Post
WD-40 is a water based lube while PB Blaster is an actual penetrant.
They should really be across the store from each other instead of on the same shelf.
I agree that PB Blaster and Kroil are a far better penetrating oil than WD 40, but WD isn't water based. Why would a chemical that's advertised that works for displacing water contain water? That would be like a bathroom spray that is fart scented.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #41
Moto4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyMaygen View Post
Littleton! Where in Littleton? I was born and raised right off of chatfield and wadsworth.
East of there. I live right next to lonetree kinda near i25 and c470. Dunno how i have a littleton address, the next block over has highlands ranch ones haha.

Another thing to note when doing any work on your jeep, get a good time estimate of how long it will take you. Then quadruple that and you will have a pretty accurate time

My damn currie lift, BL, and MML took me about 10 days. Not solid days (well a few of them were) but i worked quite a bit on it each day.
Unread 07-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #42
lynusann
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Brit, Jarrod is coming with an air compressor and a bunch of other tools he said would make our lives far easier to change your links, you just need to remember the jacks. And I have to grill steaks and chicken tonight for him and Adam since they're coming to help, so let me know when you get up, which you prefer.
Unread 07-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #43
AmazingBlu
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Brit, Jarrod is coming with an air compressor and a bunch of other tools he said would make our lives far easier to change your links, you just need to remember the jacks. And I have to grill steaks and chicken tonight for him and Adam since they're coming to help, so let me know when you get up, which you prefer.
I did? Well ok .. I suppose I will go with chicken in that case. Or did you mean a different Adam?
Unread 07-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #44
lynusann
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry lol! Different Adam. My best friend is Jarrod. His fiancÚ is Adam. Jarrod is always over helping me do work on the jeep and Adam usually tags along. But you're just as welcome to come help us do work on our jeeps too Haha. I just need to know how many steaks i have to start prepping for tonight.
Unread 07-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #45
BrittanyMaygen
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto4x4 View Post
East of there. I live right next to lonetree kinda near i25 and c470. Dunno how i have a littleton address, the next block over has highlands ranch ones haha.

Another thing to note when doing any work on your jeep, get a good time estimate of how long it will take you. Then quadruple that and you will have a pretty accurate time

My damn currie lift, BL, and MML took me about 10 days. Not solid days (well a few of them were) but i worked quite a bit on it each day.
Yeah that sounds like highlands ranch.. lol

Quote:
Haha. I bet it needs it more than you think. My zj DEF could benefit from regular cleanings with it.
I totally agree.

Quote:
Sounds good. I'll text you right now.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.