lift installer recommendation in Boulder? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > lift installer recommendation in Boulder?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #16
tride000
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Herculiner = awesome so far but it's still relatively new. I didn't roll it on because I wanted SUPER protective/thick coverage. I used a large brush to 'dab' it on (not sure how else to describe it), let it dry 24hrs, then did it again. It ended up being as thick as I had hoped and we'll see how well it holds up on the tailgate(only place not covered in carpet now). I ran for about a week without carpet and it was GREAT. When the carpet arrived I decided to not carpet the tailgate, so that's the only part that will show any wear. So far, it seems way too heavy duty to scratch. I think you'd have to hit it with a hammer to make a mark. Btw, when I did mine, I kept a stir stick in the can and stirrred A LOT to keep the material from settling to the bottomm of the can. I'd recommed you do the same if you are not spraying. Also, be careful where you let that stuff drip, it's a b@#$% to clean up if you're not careful! One thing I definitely noticed before I put the carpet in, was how much heat it kept from coming through. I had the carpet out for about a week before and after I Herculined. I can't help but think, no matter what product you use, if you put it on thick enough and as recommended, it'll help your rigs tub all around. This is the second vehicle I have done this to and I think it's great stuff.

tride000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #17
outdoorguy86
1983 CJ7 

Saw these today and thought you may be interested

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3046844082.html
Colorado Jeep Club Member #2086

[COLOR="black"] /l , [/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"] [____],
l---L---OlllllllO-[/COLOR]
()_) ()_)=[COLOR="Yellow"]@[/COLOR]=)_)

[COLOR="Cyan"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/nicks-83-cj7-frame-off-build-1360039/"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
outdoorguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my on the build. It's kinda like the point when you grow up and start talking to the younger generation about the future - learn from other people's mistakes & do it right the first time.

If you TRULY do not plan to wheel the vehicle hard, and TRULY do not plan to ever go above a 33" tire, then build for that. Figure out what you REALISTICALLY will be doing with the vehicle, and know what you want the final product to be. You will be light years and MANY dollars ahead to do it once, rather than piece it here, piece it there, and then re-do it all when your thoughts or budget changes. Will it take longer? Yes - but it'll be worth it in the long run.

If 33's is your true max, plan for not only tire clearance, but also how it drives. I haven't driven a Jeep with a BB, so I don't know how they compare to an aftermarket lift. Aftermarket lifts (3-4") that replace springs tend to have a little harsher ride (at least in my experiences), but not extremely so. However, they do tend to give more clearance for the tires, as well as helping free up more space for flex capability.

Don't let people talk you into something you don't want. Build with the end in mind. Had I done that, my build wouldn't have cost me NEARLY what I have into it total. You can always save, buy parts & store them without having to make the Jeep a dog while waiting for other upgrades (i.e.- you can buy tires, but don't have to put them on until re-gearing is done, etc). And you can always post up here for advice or help - that's what we're all in this for!
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #19
tride000
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Decisions

Thanks for the input guys. I GREATLY appreciate all ideas/suggestions/comments.

As for gears OutdoorGuy, I'm looking for 4.56. Everything I've read and been told leads to 4.56 for what I want to do. Thanks for the CL ad anyway!

KUK9, thanks for the input. I've decided on what I believe I will ever realistically do with the Jeep and think I am going to start a pile-o-parts as I come across deals. I've lived and learned and paid for mistakes/changing of the mind enough in the past that I'd like to think I can make some better decisions this time around! The seemingly neverending debate of 'best lift for the $$' has me wanting to be sure I take my time on this. It seems like it would be almost too easy to have regrets that cost big money on this mod! I've also decided that a RE 3" isn't the lift for me. Seems to be better ones out there. Hoping to be able to install it myself, with some friendly help, when the time comes~~big savings there!
tride000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
recommendation , referral , shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.