Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

LHC Cleanup - April 26th

3K views 63 replies 17 participants last post by  provinT13 
#1 ·
Kick off the beginning of the 4-wheeling season with a day of cleanup of the LHC Trail System & shooting areas, followed by a free lunch provided and then a run of LHC.

There will be two raffels going on, one for the KBPI Jeep they are having built and the other for the Trailride Runners 4wd club.

Information here: http://www.trr4wd.com/lefthand_cln08.htm

Lasts around 2-3 hours. Due to this years raffels and sponsors, there is a very good chance A LOT more people will show up and go faster.

The upper shooting area will also be cleaned up this year and a second dumpster curtesy of KBPI will be placed at that area.

It starts at 9am, but due to the expected large crowd they're going to encourage carpooling and if you don't, you better get there early.

Last year Jim (FPKites) and I showed up:

Before:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

After:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
#32 ·
I see now - not sure if I'm familiar with that spot; I'll have to take a peek on Saturday.

#33 ·
Are we going to meet anywhere 1st or just go straight to the trail??

#34 ·
I'll most likely be at the trailhead between 8-8:15

#35 ·
I'll probably be at the trailhead around 8:15-->8:30...it doesn't start until 9 but it is nice to get there early with a parking spot, sign in, and can chat with the BRD FS if you so choose to.

Is funny cause if you ask them about when Carnage is closing, they'll answer but they lower their voice and kind of look around to see who heard them:teehee:

#36 ·
It was funny watching Brian get a shifty look in his eye when I asked when we were blocking off Carnage :laugh:

#38 ·
Come on up Kamil - how else are you gonna test out those fancy new gears? :D

#40 ·
OOOOOO...300 people, didn't think about that. may be reconsidering!!

#48 ·
I originally thought this was a meet like last week to clean up the area, but since it is a sponsored event with so many people, I will pass. If it was just us I would be there rain, snow or shine, but I don't do well with so many people and if I were closer to the area I might have over looked that fact.

#45 ·
Partly cloudy and windy!! High of 59*. Who's in??

#47 ·
I'm still planning on it - actually figuring out how to mount my CO2 bracket as we speak. China Wall incident is driving it :laugh:

#49 ·
With the weather coming in, I don't see 300 people up there at all.

#54 ·
sorry guys!!! Got up this morning to random snow flakes and high wind. There si no top on my jeep and it is a 90 mile trip to boulder.....Just couldn't do this one.:(

#55 ·
Well wish more people would have showed up...only had 90-100 (preliminary numbers) and so it took a bit longer then last year. Both bins were filled up though. I think the weather deterred some from coming out (although it was decent and not too chilly in the morning) and the whole KBPI thing may have been overhyped...

#56 ·
:agree:

We had sunshine for a good portion of the time we were working, though it did get a bit nippy when the clouds came in and the wind whipped up.

Pics soon - resizing now, then I'll upload them and make a gallery.

I would say we actually had less large items this year. We still filled both rolloff dumpsters, but it was with a lot smaller crapola. I got to chat with Brian Rasmussen (ranger for that area) for a bit, and he agreed with my observation about what was up there. We'll need to have the Carnage guys take pics of the shooting area when they go up so we can see the progression.

I am happy to say that I didn't see any gun-toting bozos itching to get up there after we were done with the cleanup though. Last year, it seemed they were waiting to flood in as soon as we got the haulers out of there :brickwall

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.