Let Me Cook For Your Next Trip! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Let Me Cook For Your Next Trip!

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
TJsRedTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Let Me Cook For Your Next Trip!

Hello fellow Jeep forum members. My name is TJ and i am currently a student at Johnson and Wales University in beautiful Denver, Colorado. I will be majoring in Culinary Arts and Baking and Pastry in 4 years. Yes I did just start but I have worked in the food industry since I was 16. My team and I have won a state competition and have represented Utah at a national tournament (Just moved from Salt Lake). I love meeting other people as well as cook for them. I also have a jeep and get out as much as my bank allows it. I am starting something I would like to call mountain meals (Other suggestions greatly appreciated). I would like to tag along with you and your group/date/partner and cook for your next wheeling trip. My uncle and I have even brought some of my 5 star meals to a campground. I can do something as simple as a day trip with lunch to an overnighter with 2 lunches, dinner, dessert, and breakfast. Because jeeping is something I like to do, I will drive separate and bring everything needed to cook for you and whoever. My jeep can do trails up to a 7/10 (no lockers or a winch yet ) and would be happy tagging along a 1 rated trail just to have a good time. Because this is a new idea for me I would have to talk prices with you in person depending on the meals you have me make and how fancy. I could even do a date night then go home to get out of your hair . You would pay for the cost of the food plus some extra for my time. I would pay for my own gas and if anything breaks up on the trail. (Don't worry you don't need to reimburse me if I grenade my diff. Its my own fault.) I also play the trumpet so I would be happy to provide live music if you don't mind an intermediate player. I am capable of some pretty good songs though. If your interested in making a deal, give me a shoot on my email, tj.bosworth@yahoo.com, I check it daily. If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask! Cheers to all

P.S. Yes those are plates I have made personally and no they don't have to be that fancy. As long as it taste good right? And for starters I will just be serving on paper plates and plastic-ware, as I won't bring up my apartment plates, unless it is a single or double date night. Then I'll make it special for you

dd80e9c0.jpg   b7ad45a2.jpg   d9547f11.jpg   280f4990.jpg   88c1d72c.jpg  

Last edited by TJsRedTJ; 08-27-2011 at 01:12 PM..
TJsRedTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

Gotta say, Fawesome.

Would be pretty bad *** to take a date on a wheeling trip, get to the top, and have a candlelight dinner served.

Props.

1998 5.9 limited, DT headers, CAI, 3" exhaust.
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #3
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

intrigued to see where this goes.....

something i would recommend for "date night" would be to make arrangements with the customer first, and plan out the spot on a topographical map. have everything already set up, table, candles, prep etc. when the couple arrives cook and bail. she gets there, sees scenic romantic dinner, you peace out and panties disappear. (hopefully not on your table)
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
TJsRedTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
intrigued to see where this goes.....

something i would recommend for "date night" would be to make arrangements with the customer first, and plan out the spot on a topographical map. have everything already set up, table, candles, prep etc. when the couple arrives cook and bail. she gets there, sees scenic romantic dinner, you peace out and panties disappear. (hopefully not on your table)
Thanks for the suggestion Thats kinda what I had in mind when I said I could cook then let you to your business. I didn't exactly specify leave but yeah I could do that. I'm hoping I get quite a bit of business because I had actually planned to start a business like this so I wouldn't need a temporary job. It would involve the three things I love, Cooking, Jeeping, and entertaining/meeting new people.
Unread 08-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

YOU GO WITH THAT! Great idea. Very different, and very brave to try! I wish you much success!

As a woman, I can say that if my boyfriend/husband arranged for something like that for me/us, I would be quite impressed.

I personally like the "cooking" part of camping, but I know others don't... so this is a really unique idea. Good luck!

Or you could expand on your Jeeping skills and lead tourists on off-road excursions in rental jeeps inclusive of meals, hiking, fishing etc. Not new...but worth a thought.
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #6
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJsRedTJ View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Thats kinda what I had in mind when I said I could cook then let you to your business. I didn't exactly specify leave but yeah I could do that. I'm hoping I get quite a bit of business because I had actually planned to start a business like this so I wouldn't need a temporary job. It would involve the three things I love, Cooking, Jeeping, and entertaining/meeting new people.
bonus points for him if he brings his own table, and when they arrive he leaves his jeep open and plays some nice music
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
TJsRedTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-newbie View Post
YOU GO WITH THAT! Great idea. Very different, and very brave to try! I wish you much success!

As a woman, I can say that if my boyfriend/husband arranged for something like that for me/us, I would be quite impressed.

I personally like the "cooking" part of camping, but I know others don't... so this is a really unique idea. Good luck!

Or you could expand on your Jeeping skills and lead tourists on off-road excursions in rental jeeps inclusive of meals, hiking, fishing etc. Not new...but worth a thought.
I very much agree with you in that cooking is a very fun part of camping. I can see how some people would not want to mess with it though. I was also thinking of that idea "mountain taxi" where I could take people as well as cooking for them. Unfortunately the back seat of a TJ isn't exactly the roomiest plus I'd be loaded with all the equipment. I don't have any cargo rack yet. I will definitely expand if this idea takes off but i need to start somewhere and buying a cargo rack/off road trailer isn't anywhere in the near future unfortunately. Thanks for the advice!

And I have a nice sound system that could provide very nice music. 4 speakers and 2 tweeters in the bar and 2 speakers in the dash all pioneer, all amplified, and a very mellow sub. Nothing amazing but it gets the job done. I'd most likely have the top off anyway so music would totally work. I'm not sure about anyone else but I can't live without my music.

And I do have a table that folds up very nicely that I would bring. Plus having a fold down tailgate (as of yesterday) that would give me plenty of work space.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.