Josh's JK buildups thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Josh's JK buildups thread

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 08-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Josh's JK buildups thread

Ok, since I am seeming to get these a bit more frequently, I figure I'll just make a thread dedicated to it, and just update it as I mod each new vehicle.

So, the first one I did was a 2 door blue JK. I ended up putting a BB on it, and 295 Hankook Dyna Pro's with some cheap chrome mod wheels. It looked like this:

On the next one, I got a 2 door black JK, and was able to do a little more of what I wanted to do. I ended up putting a 3" Skyjacker lift, 315x75x16 Hankook Dyna Pro's, and 16x8 Rock Crawler simulated beadlocks, plus tinted windows. It sold before I could put the bumper and rock rails on it, but it ended up looking like this:

Today I got my first 4 door to play with. It's a silver 07 Unlimited X, 6 speed, V6, soft top. Current plans for it are as follows: 3" Pro Comp/Skyjacker hybrid lift, 315x75x16 Hankook Dyna Pro tires, 16x8 Eagle Alloy wheels with a black simulated beadlock ring, Mopar Off-Road bumper, and rock rails. I don't have any pics yet, as I was able to get it in and lifted today before I could snap any pics. So, stay tuned for the next update- I should have most of it done this week, though I am about a week out on the tires.

REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #2
RyanZJ
1998 ZJ 

I drove by Medved last Sunday and saw the black JK. It looked good.
'51 CJ-3A

RyanZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
PatTJ05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The JK looked sweet all blacked out with those sim bead locks on it. You actually do the work on it too?

Next time you do one of the upgraded versions, you think you could sneak mine in and lift it? Oh, and replace the windshield frame? And the glass in the windshield? And an alignment?

Seriously though, I am not surprised the first one didn't stay on the sales floor long enough to install the bumper and rails...it looked very nice.
PatTJ05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cool man! How much over MSRP are they listing them on the lot?

Also, are you selling these with any odometer corrections, or is the speedo and odo going to be off?
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #5
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure about the price they are listing them- I don't get any control on that. The first one we did, we did correct the speedo, but the last one we didn't get a chance because it went so fast. We told the customer he needs to come back to have it done though. Hopefully I get everything done on this one before it leaves. I shouldn't have a problem with it since I'm a week out on the tires, so I should have the time to get it in.

I don't do the work on them though, Pat. We have it all done through 4WP, as the responsibility would lie with them instead of us, plus that's all they do, so it'd be done sooner and more correctly than if it were done here. Plus, it's cheaper for me to do it that way, as our labor rate is higher than theirs.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

All righty! The 4 door JK is done. Looks a lot better than stock, but I would have done a couple things different if it were mine. Personally, I think the 4 door doesn't look quite right with 315's- I think it needs to be on 37's (or thereabouts) to look proportional. But, here it is. 4" lift- Pro Comp/Sky Jacker hybrid, 16x8 Pro Comp Alloy wheels with the sim-beadlock ring, 315x75x16 Hankook Dyna Pro tires, Mopar Off-Road bumper and Rock Rails, and tinted windows.

Sorry Jay. I tried to get rid of the rake as best as I could, but it's still got a bit of one.

REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Looks sweet, but I think you're right...needs bigger tires and a hair more lift.
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #8
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

That's hot man!

It looks good with the rings on the rims. What is this one going for? What rear axle?
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #9
MtnHighTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow that looks sweet, I can't believe 315's look that thin?
1 1/4 JKS BL Brown Dog 1" MML
RE monos Nasty's Disco's
15"x 8" soft 8's w/ 35"x12.5'' MT Baja MTZ
A to Z sliders. Nth degree oil pan skid
Rokmen gas skid steering skid Warn dif plate
Superwinch EPi 9000
Currie HD Tie rod
BESRK rear bumper w/swing out

Colorado Jeep Club Member #85[INDENT][/INDENT]
MtnHighTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.