Jeep Rental - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Jeep Rental

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-15-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
biofab09

Jeep Rental

My GF and I will be visiting Colorado Oct 5th-Oct 11th, Im scrounging the rental car sites and not Jeep in site to rent! We are flying out with our tent and sleeping bags and just the basics. Looking to do some good camping off the beaten path, but will mostly be road tripping with intentions on going to Moab to hike around and get off the highway. I lived in CO for three years and owned three Jeeps of my own and wheeled every second that i had a chance! Looking for someone who would be willing to rent me their mildly stock Cherokee/wrangler for the dates above, would be willing to pay $500 and of course would put the jeep under my full coverage insurance for the days we would have it. Im sure this is a long shot but hey worth asking....

Thanks
Brian Webster
443 745 6425

biofab09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Good luck! That's like asking someone to borrow their wife for a few days.

Check around Ouray, they have Jeep rentals there; the KOA in Ouray also rents Jeeps. There were several available when I was there last month.
Unread 08-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #3
biofab09

Trust me i know its a long shot, but you gotta ask! Im trying to avoid renting a car at DIA then paying for another rental in Ouray or Moab. Here's to hoping!
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you add another 0 to the end of your $500, I'll finish my Jeep & let you take it out! It'll have a brand new suspension, axles and tires for you to drive around with!

If I had my old XJ still, you'd be welcome to it, but sold it a while back. It would have been perfect for you though.

Good luck in your search!
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
COLOUXJ
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Worst Case, there is a jeep rental i see adversised just outside of Frisco Colorado.
Mechanical Engineers Build weapons Civil Engineers build targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
is it a plink plink kerrrrdunk? or more of a brrrrrconk doc doc miiiidge pang!!!? or is it a badonk ka donk? if it is the latter its just the normal fat *** of the JK

COLOUXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
biofab09

@KUK9, wish i had that kind of cash laying around, but thats not in the budget! At this point hoping i can find a Grand Cherokee from an Airport rental place!

ColoUXJ I will check out the Frisco location, Wonder if they will let us take with unlimited mileage?
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

I checked thrifty.com and the site showed they had a Grand Cherokee for less that $350 for your dates at DIA. (But I would call them, because it actually shows a Cherokee in the picture but in fine print says (or similar).
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
rouxbicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Dead set on flying into DIA?

If not, consider flying into Durango (DRO). For about $50 you can get a taxi/shuttle for the two of you from the airport into "downtown" Durango, where you could rent a Jeep Wrangler from Outlaw Jeep Tours and Rentals

www.outlawtours.com
Unread 08-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
biofab09

Oh man thanks! I looked on there the other day and didnt see anything? Thanks again!
Unread 08-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #10
lucky-13
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep-newbie View Post
I checked thrifty.com and the site showed they had a Grand Cherokee for less that $350 for your dates at DIA. (But I would call them, because it actually shows a Cherokee in the picture but in fine print says (or similar).
Typically, most car rental places will only guarantee you get a 4WD, not a specific make or model - "or similar" means any 4WD SUV they have on the lot. You could end up with an Escape or Exploder instead of any model Jeep!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #513
05 LJ Rubicon Sahara #787 : 6" Skyjacker Longarm Lift
07 WK Overland : It's all about the Hemi : XK/WK Owners Club Member #13
lucky-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #11
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-13 View Post
Typically, most car rental places will only guarantee you get a 4WD, not a specific make or model - "or similar" means any 4WD SUV they have on the lot. You could end up with an Escape or Exploder instead of any model Jeep!
...which is exactly why I pointed that out!

I wouldn't commit to the rental unless I knew for sure what I was getting.
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #12
biofab09

Thanks for all the input guys, Luckily i have almost two months to make a decision or hope someone on here has a beater Cherokee/wrangler laying around? Again here's to hoping!
Unread 08-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #13
shockracer
14,000' WJ

2001 WJ 

Ya, they say similar but think a crv is like a grand Cherokee?!?!
5" hybrid lift, 265/70/17 Guard Dogs load E, bilsteins 5100's, addco sway bars, JKS front quick disco's, JKS adjustable track bar, KOR durometer track bar bushings, IRO crucial path front L.A.s, 1.25" Spidertrax spacers

Colorado Jeep Club Member #262
shockracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.