Injector rail - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Injector rail

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
DKBlaze
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Xj Injector rail

How do you check the fuel pressure at the injector rail. Hoping this is the issue with my '91 XJ Briarwood and not staying on.

[COLOR="Green"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #45[/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]And shepherds we shall be for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritius Sancti.[/COLOR]
DKBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Head down to an auto parts store and pick up a fuel pressure gauge. Find the fuel rail and unscrew the valve cover. Toss on the gauge and measure the pressure when the ignition is on.
Unread 06-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
DKBlaze
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks, I'll try that

[COLOR="White"]And shepherds we shall be for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
Unread 08-12-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
DKBlaze
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

Well I just installed a new fuel pump hoping that was the issue was told by a mechanic that if there wasn't a gush of gas coming from the rail when the key was in the on postition then it was the fuel pump. Well it didn't gush, so I changed the fuel pump dropped $150 .
Well now a new battery later cause the other was so uncharged they just gave me a new one, it's doing when this issue first happend, anybody can you PLEASE give me some clue of what to look for I am at wit's end

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.