Hidden Valley 9/1/07 TJ & H3 Run.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > Hidden Valley 9/1/07 TJ & H3 Run..

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hidden Valley 9/1/07 TJ & H3 Run..

Major respect for the H3. This was the hardest trail we have taken it on yet. Hidden Valley was major washed out from the last time I ran it.

I drove the TJ and Melody drove the Hummer, which is still stock. My tire deal fell through for the H3, so it's still on 32"s.

I strapped the Wrangler through about a 7 foot section for safety (waaaay off camber) and did the same for the H3. Other than that, both cruised through pretty easily. Lots of narrow, slippery, gravelry terrain. I would rate this trail a hard 5. Within two years, it will be VERY hard to get through.

There was a TJ on 36"s and a WJ on 32"s that decided turn turn around when they got to the V Notch, I guess they didn't want to risk a roll over. Sweet looking rigs though.

On to the pics..

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

ahhhhhh the hummer offroad!

thats cool it made it through that trail, running it within the past few weeks i am very familiar with it.

did you guys make it through the part where the bypass was (the one tom is too familiar with)? i had to be winched up it, im curious how the hummer did. tom made it through in his jeep and i think part of what limited be to being winched up was my size. how did the hummer do on that part? if i recall correctly the hummer is only slightly larger in wheelbase and track than my xj.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I made it through ok, but Melody slid into the ditch at a pretty bad angle. We were running late for the Auburn (5:00pm, game started at 5:45pm), so I didn't feel like having Melody exploring all of the lines. She backed out and took the bypass.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
RollerHman
BMW drivers are ****s

1999 XJ Cherokee 

damn kstate blew that one... i felt like it was my duty to root for the big 12 today.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #46

99 XJ
98 BMW 328is
RollerHman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #5
collkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Right on my man, lookin good!
Colorado Member #89
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Haha, thats cool you buys both went wheeling!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.