help needed near leadville co!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Colorado Jeep Forum > help needed near leadville co!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
altrocker1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

help needed near leadville co!!!

hey neighbors to the west...

so i got a call just a bit ago from a buddy who sounds like he blew a transfer case coming down a mountain today. he lost 4hi and 2hi on an np231 and had to limp back to the hotel in 4 lo. normally i would tell my buddies to grow a pair and get on fixing it...however, he is on his honeymoon and they brought their old reliable xj as their mode of transportation. not knowing any shops there, he is stuck far from home with no tools and what im sure is a grumpy wife

anyone know any shops near there? or is there anyone who might be able to throw him a bone. im sure he would pay you for your trouble...from the sounds of it he will need a new case too so if anyone has one they might want to get rid of, im sure he would take it!

thats fellow jeepers...shoot me a pm or respond if you can help

altrocker1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
gvcandyman

I'm the buddy please feel free to pm me or reply as well. I'll tell you I did try to shift through R N D 3 1-2 in both 2H and 4H with nothing happening. There was what sounded like a light grinding when I shifted between the gears in 2H and 4H. I was able to get it back to Downtown Leadville. Please let me know if you know of a shop that would be able to do this or one you recommend. Thanks
gvcandyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
PLAN D

http://www.tomken.com/

the closes place i know of.
PLAN D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Used to live in Des Moines here, bit off topic, sorry. I dont know any places out there sadly, and it is a bit of a haul from the Springs area. Probable places to look would be Buena Vista and Frisco areas. None are right there close by. Tennessee pass was closed or down to one lane the last I heard, and there wasn't alot to be had near Vail anyways.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.