Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help filling a CO2 tank

4K views 81 replies 10 participants last post by  FPKites 
#1 ·
Anyone live "Northish" (As in Broomfield/Westminster/Louisville/Boulder area) and work down around Red Comet in Englewood?

Their address is: 2795 S. Raritan St., Englewood, CO.

I am looking to fill my CO2 tank but I can't get it filled since their hours are M-F 8-5 and I work during those house oddly enough. So anyone available that I could drop off my tank to you and have you fill it up during the week sometime before/after work? Don't want anyone to go out of their way for this, just seeing if this works easily for anyone specifically...

-Ryan

#2 ·
if worst comes to worst i can snag it when i come up for the axle installations and bring it back to ya

least id be able to do for your help on the axles :) that is..if you still wanna/are able to help put em in

i still need to get the front regeared before there ready to put on so you would probably have to wait a few weeks if i did it for you

#4 ·
I'll try and give some places a call tomorrow Jake...I might be headed down to Denver tomorrow anyways (helping my friend move his 53 m38a1 from Boulder-->Denver by driving behind him the entire way since he only goes 40 and has no brake lights:rolleyes: ) So if that works I might just swing by a shop that I know will fill it in Denver on Saturday's, but is expensive:(

Matt I'll keep that in mind if I still isn't full by then. I am out of town next weekend...not sure if I have plans the two weekends after that:dunno:

#5 ·
I got my 20lb CO2 tank filled for my Keg-o-rator at Kanox but it may be a little of a drive from the northish area. They went above and beyond for me there though. I had an older CO2 tank that was out of date and needed to be dunk tank tested but they went ahead and gave me an even exchange for it and a brand new tank! Definitely some cool guys and they sell a ton of welding supplies :thumbsup:

Kanox
1405 S Platte River Dr
Denver, CO 80223
(303) 722-1952

#8 ·
Thanks for the suggestion but they're not open during the weekends either so I run into the same problem as I did with Red Comet.

I failed getting my tank filled yesterday from High Country Performance 4x4:( They are open from 9-11am on Saturdays. My plan was to meet my friend in Boulder at 9am, and drive behind his Jeep as he drove it @ 45mph down to Denver to his new house.

Yeah he was 30 minutes late. Started off bad when we had an Acura stuck in front of his driveway with a dead battery and so much corrosion we couldn't see any of the battery terminals. After cleaning it off and jumping it, we pulled out his Jeep and as he ran back inside to put away the baking soda, I noticed he was leaking gas from his gas pump.

Well not so much as a leak as spraying gas. For a split second I contemplated not turning the engine off, but in the end I turned it off. Just after that I noticed where it was leaking out of the tub (gas tank is under the drivers seat) and it was dripping, quickly, right onto the muffler and smoking/hissing each time it dripped. Good job <friends name>, another shotty job. So after another 30 minutes of removing his seat to get to the hose clamp to clamp it down again, we were off...as fast as he can at 45mph:laugh:

Ended up getting down to Denver around noon. Only an hour late:rolleyes:

So still in search of CO2...off to Vegas next weekend so looks like I am 2 weeks out until I can try and fill it myself again.

#6 ·
Ryan...when I had my tank filled, I called around to about a dozen places on the northside (Thornton, Northglenn, Broomfield, etc). Every single place either wanted to exchange tanks (they didn't do refills) or they didn't do it at all. Good luck w/your search!!! Let us know if you find any place up north.

#9 ·
Ryan --

I typically have Mondays off of work, so if you can get it to me, I'd be happy to run and get it filled on a Monday.

Pat
Where abouts in Littleton are you (Keep in mind I don't know Denver for ****)? Available for a drop off today? I got all my house chores done yesterday so I am bored today:laugh: Just need to see if I can snag a different car for the drive down there since Littleton is pretty far for me.

Thanks!

-Ryan

#10 ·
hes right by me...If you know where southwest plaza mall is..its right near there

if that doesnt work out...i have a class at Red Rocks College at 5:30-8:10 on tuesday (right where c470 and i70 intersect)

you can meet me there and give it to me...then i will get it filled for ya during business hours on wednesday

#16 ·
Thanks a ton for the offer Pat but that is too far for me to be driving w/o a car (which is currently in Denver already).

That may work Matt, where do you want to meet Matt and what time? Before your class I assume?

-Ryan
No problems -- long drive for a $12 fill!

#13 ·
Ryan are you in need of air now? I have my 20lb tank sitting in the garage...if you need to borrow it, let me know.

#15 ·
Nah I don't NEED it know...probably won't need it for another 2 months. But I WANT it now:D

Thanks for the offer Nick:thumbsup:
hahah No worries. Let me know if you want to borrow the tank though...it's just sitting there collecting dust! :laugh:

#17 ·
Ryan, another thought - I need to fill my tank as well as it's bone dry right now. I don't think I could vacuum any CO2 out of the sucker. Red Comet is where I go anyway, so I can do yours at the same time. If it falls through with Matt.

#19 ·
I'm a good intermediary. If you want to drop of your tank w/me Ryan, I can see if Jimbo can pick it up from me downtown. Just a thought anyway...

#20 ·
Yuppers - that would work.

I'm at 20th and Fenton Ryan - pretty much due west of downtown.

Nickster and I can meet up for lunch again sometime probably.

#21 ·
Yuppers - that would work.

I'm at 20th and Fenton Ryan - pretty much due west of downtown.

Nickster and I can meet up for lunch again sometime probably.
Heck yeah man, anytime you want to meet for lunch, let me know. I'm always open!!!!

I work caddy-corner (spl?) from where I used to work...now at 15th and Lawrence.

#23 ·
Nick is a stone's throw away from Mile Hi Flea Market - I-76 and 88th is a pretty good guess there.

#25 ·
7907 York St. Take 36 to Broadway (last exit before I-25). Go South on Broadway. East onto 70th avenue I think (it's the 2nd stop light after getting on Broadway). Follow that over to York (you'll pass a big Napa distribution center/store...they see a lot of my money...LOL). North on York. A couple miles north on the left is my townhome community.

#26 ·
#27 ·
Cool, that works for me if it isn't too much trouble for you guys:2thumbsup:

That is even close then driving down to Golden to meet up with Matt:)

Free today by any chance Nick where I could drop it off?:) Of course, let me know if it is too much trouble for either you or Jim - isn't critical by any means...

#28 ·
No worries Ryan - like I said, I need to fill mine anyway. I'll let you know what it ends up costing. I know my 10 pounder is between 9-11 bucks, I don't see your 20 being more than, well, $20 :D

#30 ·
When I got my 20lb filled at R.C. it was $24.50...that included a leak test. So it's not more then maybe $12-$15.

#29 ·
Drop it off whenever. I'll have to take off to help my brother in a little bit, but my wife will be home.

Do you have my cell, 303-550-3519 in case you don't. Jim and I will coordinate a lunch sometime this week and all will be right in the world! ;-)>

#33 ·
Nicky, we'll do lunch this week and I'll nab it from ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.