My friends and I are from Prescott Arizona and where thinking of taking a week long 4wheeling/camping trip to the San Juan Mountains next year. This year we went to Moab and had a blast. We are thinking of the San Juan's for next year trip, some of us has been through there but never spent a hole lot of time out there so we have some questions for all of you,
1. We will be heading out there in August, what will the temperatures be like?
2. What would be a good location to camp? Some of us will be bringing RV's and others will have tents
3. Is there any permits we need to buy? (off-road, camping, fishing, fire, ect)
4. What are some good trails to take? (we like scenery with adventure)
5. Dose anyone have any pics or videos they would like to share?
All good points so far August really is one of the best times of year to visit the area. It may be a little busy (especially popular places like Yankee Boy Basin and Lake City), but very much worth it!
Hey h2ogun where was that at? I'm thinking that's where we need to go
Mostly out of Ouray, ............somewhat the order:
Governors Basin, Mineral Creek, Engineer's Pass, Cinnamon Pass, Animus Forks, California Gulch, California pass, Lake Como, Hurricane Pass, Corkscrew Pass, Imogene Pass, Last Dollar Trail, Black Bear Pass, Opher Pass, Poughkeepse Gulch, Stony Pass.
Just Got back last night with a busted jeep (shroud through radiator), Hardly any snow, figures as it was a "light" snow year last winter.